Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Request for Prayer / Updates (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Today we say goodbye (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212839)

MommyMandi 05-17-2011 08:06 AM

Today we say goodbye

Today is my father in laws funeral. The last week has been surreal. Making decisions and arrangements no one can be prepared for. Helping make sure mil is holding as strong as she can and feel supported. Watching over my babies and making sure they are a part of this and understand best they can. Afterall, no one us really understand. Just 8 days ago he was on the job with dh....today is going to be hard. We have to be around so many people and hear so many amazing memories. If you could say an extra prayer today that we can all have the strength to make it through. For a fear tomorrow is worse...tomorrow we start to put our lives back together without him...Life is short and so not fair sometimes. He was too young to go.

mommieofpees 05-17-2011 08:10 AM

Re: Today we say goodbye

:hugs:

Emmers22185 05-17-2011 08:55 AM

Praying for you and your family!

chickpeaz 05-17-2011 11:18 AM

We lost my dad 3 weeks ago yesterday so I understand all too well exactly what you're going through. Big hugs to you and your family as you start to pick up the pieces...it's not easy.

ETA that I read your other post and saw your FIL was only 62 -- my dad was 61. :( So, so sad.

whirlwindwoman 05-17-2011 11:47 AM

Hugs, and prayers. I'm sorry for your loss.

percussionsmith 05-17-2011 11:54 AM

Peace to you and your family. :hugs:

stevensmom 05-17-2011 11:58 AM

:hugs: Praying for your family during this difficult time and the months ahead to your new "normal"

MommyMandi 05-18-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickpeaz (Post 12956023)
We lost my dad 3 weeks ago yesterday so I understand all too well exactly what you're going through. Big hugs to you and your family as you start to pick up the pieces...it's not easy.

ETA that I read your other post and saw your FIL was only 62 -- my dad was 61. :( So, so sad.

I'm sorry for your loss. Lots of love your way. It's most definitely not easy. He was an amazing man who was hear living his life one day and gone the next. Still doesn't seem real. Life is too short. :hugs:

EricaLynn 05-19-2011 10:52 PM

:hugs: I lost my mom last year, she was 59. It's very surreal, sometimes I still feel like I am waiting for her to call:( and I still cry about her regularly.

ForeverYoung 05-19-2011 11:02 PM

I just wanted to let you, OP, know that I am praying for you, your family, and all who are and will be missing him. May God's hand of peace and comfort be with y'all now, and moving forward. Not only that, but for all those of you reading who have commented about your own losses. Many hugs, and prayers for you as well. :hugs: :hugs: