Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   CD concern (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12129)

worldwarcaitlin 06-06-2006 02:19 PM

CD concern

I hope I don't sound like a total idiot/worried mom, but in case I do, pardon me in advance.

My father watched DS for me last night for an hour while I went out with a friend. When I got back to get him, he told me that Viktor had rolled over for the first time ever. I wanted to cry because I missed it.

Then, I realized that he was in a sposie!! :banghead: I haven't had to use a disposable on him since he was 3 weeks old (he is now 13 weeks) and the only reason my father did was out of laziness. I didn't even realize they still had any lying around. He told me I was ruining his development by using cloth, because he thinks they are too bulky for him to be able to roll over, etc.

Please tell me that other CDed babies developed normally and I am not scarring him for life!!!

SheilaJoy 06-06-2006 02:24 PM

Re: CD concern

With all due respect to your father, that's absurd! Sounds like a biased statement against cloth from someone who doesn't understand. My dd rolled over at 4 months wearing Fuzzi Bunz! And she's never had any sort of developmental problems. Keep going at it mama!

masonite 06-06-2006 02:31 PM

WTH??

Um, the only "developmental" problems your DS might have is a big ego, due to everyone telling him he has the worlds cutest cloth diapered bum!!

Or, he'll have even bigger muscles, because he has to move his big cloth diapered bum around!!

:)

Entire generations were cloth diapered; and while it would be extremely convenient to blame a lot of their issues on that fact, it's entirely untrue.

Watercolor Ponies 06-06-2006 02:32 PM

Sorry but this made me giggle a bit, considering your father was probably cd'd! I guess when he is sleeping on his back he just lies there on it until he gets up in the morning!:laugh: But all kidding aside, mama, everything will be fine, yes cds are bulkier, but they won't hurt ds developmentally!:hugs:

drenotdoctor 06-06-2006 02:33 PM

I bet your father was CD'd. Ask him if he has any developmental delays. J/K LOL

Watercolor Ponies 06-06-2006 02:34 PM

we cross posted!! Great minds think alike I guess:laugh:

drenotdoctor 06-06-2006 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaMer
we cross posted!! Great minds think alike I guess:laugh:

:giggle:

offlikeapromdress 06-06-2006 02:39 PM

Sophia was my first cd'd baby and I thought the same thing that maybe the bulkiness was delaying her. Just so you know she just turned one and is walking and rolling and crawling. They develop when they are ready to. Their diapers have nothing to do with that.

Meleesa 06-06-2006 02:40 PM

HAH... my cd'd son rolled back to front, the first time at 3 wks old!!!

Psychomom 06-06-2006 02:43 PM

Agreeing w/ the others! Your baby is fine!