Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Trend Lab diapers??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215012)

Luna Lair 05-21-2011 01:17 AM

Trend Lab diapers???

I just looked on Overstock for cloth diapers and Trend Lab makes cloth diapers now.

Has anyone tried them? It was $75 for 5 AI2 diapers each with an insert, 6 ADDITIONAL inserts AND a diaper bag that has a changing pad and what I assume is a small wetbag (they called it a dirty duds bag). The cheap price makes me wonder how effective or well made they are. There was one review and it got 5 starts so I wanted more input from everyone who has used them. Anyone?!

crumpetmlp 05-21-2011 01:33 AM

Re: Trend Lab diapers???

I haven't tried them, but I saw those on Amazon too and was curious. I'd be interested to see what others have to say...seems like a good deal

2+2macht4 05-21-2011 02:07 AM

They have been talked about here before. I would not suggest them as they have microfiber right up against the babies skin. After many complaint the company refuses to adjust that. They promised to create a cover to eliminate that problem that slides over the insert, but never did.

Instead I would check out kawaii. I love kawaii pockets and covers.

Apesie25 05-23-2011 07:20 AM

I personally have tried these CD and currently use them on my son. I've also read reviews about MF and I guess I'm just not understanding where the claim is coming from that MF is so horrible. From what I've seen, those making the negative claims have not even tried these CD to really have any personal input. How can you say a product is bad without even trying it?! That sounds to me like false claims. The MF used for cleaning supplies is not the same that's used in upholstery, which is not the same used in clothing/lingerie, which is also not the same used in CD (see where I'm going here?) Maybe other CD that use MF have caused issues but not all MF is the same, just like not all CD are the same. If you find that your child has sensitivity to MF just slit the cover to make it an insertable. These work wonderfully for us and we haven't had one rash breakout. I don't have one complaint about them! The price is great too, so that's another plus!

2+2macht4 05-23-2011 07:24 AM

Microfiber being a problem against baby skin is a huge common issue o cloth diapering. It dries out the babies skin causing rashes. There was a huge thread about this company before where people even wrote the company and posted the replies.

If 1;000's of people even those who design diapers talk about microfiber being bad against skin I will follow that advice before one company that goes against the norm. All companies that sell inserts that touch skin add sued cloth or another fabric as a barrier trend lab does not. They do not seem to care even after countless complaints.

2+2macht4 05-23-2011 07:25 AM

So that is intesresting you join diaper swappers just to post about one brand of diapers in multiple threads?

I smell a shrill.

Apesie25 05-23-2011 07:52 AM

I'm sorry you feel that way. Trend Lab CD are the only ones that I've used, so when i find a great product I'm passionate about it, just like the thousands of other people passionate about their CD they use and recommend to others. I don't make claims about other products that I haven't used, but I'll support ones that work well for me. I was causious before using them because of the chatter about MF so I went to my sons pediatrician before purchasing them. She said all babies skin is different, some will be more sensitive than others. She said the only thing to do was try them out, if he has a reaction, don't use them. I have yet to experience a rash on him. If I would have followed everyone elses recommendations to not use them I wouldn't have found a product that works great for us. I personally like to try something out myself instead of following others. I agree that going against the norm is risky, but if it works, it works.

jessi4jc 05-23-2011 08:05 AM

Ok bottom line, microfiber against the skin is bad. It pulls moisture from babies skin and causes chaffing and rashing. It is uncomfortable. I don't even like to touch the stuff.

Plus, let's not forget about the washing issues associated with microfiber. A lot of people get build up and stink because of how the pill holds on to residues. This does depend on your water. When I lived in Memphis, and my girls were small, I had to get rid of my microfiber. But now I live in Charlotte and it works fine.

Personally I agree with others. If the company can't be bothered to fix an obvious design flaw then they do not deserve your business. Do not let one person sway you to put your babies health in jeopardy. Microfiber should not be used next to the skin!

Apesie25 05-23-2011 09:20 AM

To MissHanson8, I personally am using these CD and have not had any issues regarding the claims others are making who have not used them. It seems to me others are trying to "sway" you not to use them even though they have not purchased a single one. In the end, it's your decision. I would NEVER put my babies health in jeopardy (hence why I'm CDing and not using disposies), and for someone to make a statement that I would sway someone to put their own baby at risk is absolutely outrageous and malicious!! As a parent I'm appalled that jessi4jc would even state something like that.

trendlabllc 05-23-2011 09:20 AM

My name is Kim and I am the Customer Service Manager at Trend Lab. We are disturbed by your negative comments regarding our products. We would like to see the notification that you are referring to about our refusal to do anything about complaints. To date, we have not received a single valid complaint from actual users of our cloth diapers. We have done extensive testing usage through daycare providers who have multiple age groups through volunteers and from consumers. The only issue we have is the slanderous comments on cloth diapering blogs from people who have not even used our products. You are asking us to come up with a solution to a problem that no one using the product has experienced. If you wish to discuss this please call me at our toll free number (866-873-6352) as I would sincerely like to resolve the issues you have with our product.