Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How do the Flip Organic inserts do Long term? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215046)

Terra76 05-21-2011 09:00 AM

How do the Flip Organic inserts do Long term?

I have recently found the flip love :wub: and I adore the organic inserts. They are sooooo buttery soft and ubber absorbent even though they are not fully prepped :thud: They don't seem overly bulky on either of my dk's and I think they may be the right solution for us.

How are they 6 months or a year down the line? I launder in Tide and use Ecover. will they stay soft? Do they hold up well? I am considering getting 12 more from the clearance sale.

nonipie 05-21-2011 09:09 AM

Re: How do the Flip Organic inserts do Long term?

We've been using them for over a year and they are still great. I have some that are newer but I can't tell which is which so I think they hold up very well. If you use ecover they should stay soft. I use Tide Free and occasionally ecover and they are our go to night solution for 2 kids with no leaks.

Terra76 05-21-2011 10:57 AM

That's awesome that you can't tell the difference between the ones that are new and the ones that are a year old! Have you had any stink issues? I know that when I had them briefly last year, I had a hard time keeping the ammonia out (I am pretty sure I was using RNG then)

sisu 05-21-2011 11:07 AM

:popcorn:

I've had a few for about 6 months, we use them as stuffers at night and they're still almost new looking. :)

BTW - I just got mine from the clearance sale, can you tell why yours are seconds? I couldn't... :lostit:

faiths13 05-21-2011 11:13 AM

i think they hold up well. i had some for a year, then sold them because i wasnt using them (then bought some seconds,lol). they went through a period for me that they were not soft, then softened up again and were really soft, but not like they are new. they can hold stink in if not washed well though, because they are so absorbent.

Terra76 05-21-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 (Post 12983104)
:popcorn:

I've had a few for about 6 months, we use them as stuffers at night and they're still almost new looking. :)

BTW - I just got mine from the clearance sale, can you tell why yours are seconds? I couldn't... :lostit:

I had actually got a daypack (first quality) and a seconds cover and insert so I was able to compare. I compared them both brand new unwashed. The second was 1/2 inch narrower and 5/8 inch shorter than my first quality ones. Not a big deal to me at all. I couldn't find any other issues.

sisu 05-21-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terra76 (Post 12983127)
I had actually got a daypack (first quality) and a seconds cover and insert so I was able to compare. I compared them both brand new unwashed. The second was 1/2 inch narrower and 5/8 inch shorter than my first quality ones. Not a big deal to me at all. I couldn't find any other issues.

Ahh, mine might be different dimensions, too, but I couldn't care less about that. :giggle:

Ours have been washing really well, especially since DS wears them for 12 hours overnight, but I have a TL and use "bad" detergent (Tide, All, etc.). :blush:

Terra76 05-21-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 (Post 12983144)
Ahh, mine might be different dimensions, too, but I couldn't care less about that. :giggle:

Ours have been washing really well, especially since DS wears them for 12 hours overnight, but I have a TL and use "bad" detergent (Tide, All, etc.). :blush:

Yep this is me too. TL and bad detergent! I am not against RNG or anything. It works great for so many but just didn't work for us.

cmaniezzz 05-21-2011 12:18 PM

I just start using the organic insert in BG 4.0 for overnight, they don't even soaking wet in the morning. But I did have leak in the morning, just a little damp pajama pants. I don't kn.ow why because it's not even full, te back still only damp. Maybe because it's too heavy with pee and created gap on the leg.. not sure. But if we use wool longies, it's ok.

lizsky 05-21-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terra76 (Post 12982589)
How are they 6 months or a year down the line? I launder in Tide and use Ecover. will they stay soft? Do they hold up well? I am considering getting 12 more from the clearance sale.

I got my first last september I think? And I've been slowly buying more since then. The only way I can tell the newer ones from the older ones is that the older ones seem to have shrunk down a little more (maybe half an inch or so), but its not a big deal to me.

I love them too! I have 20 now, and I keep telling myself that its enough but I'm SO tempted by the seconds sale!