Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Hair cutting questions (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121513)

mandikaake 03-29-2007 12:28 PM

Hair cutting questions

I've always cut my own bangs and my daughters hair just straight. I want to do some layers in her medium length hair but don't want to mess it up. Any suggestions?

My son is also having hair growing issues. LOL! He's 13 months old and still hardly has any hair. However what he does have is more on top and is longer. We love to spike it up but it's now getting too long. Again, anyone know some techniques so I don't totally mess up his hair.

Lol!

Mandi

amanda308 03-29-2007 12:45 PM

Re: Hair cutting questions

When I want to cut layers into my hair I just flip it upside gather it together and cut about an inch off, it works perfectly. If you want it shorter just keep doing it. Other then that I don't know a thing about cutting hair.

movingsouth 03-29-2007 12:49 PM

for layering you might try having your DD lie on the bed with head off the edge upside down. then if you cut straight, once she's right side up again it will be layered... I haven't ever tried it but saw on TV once!

Will you son tolerate an electic razor? Put hin in a highchair in front if a DVD and go buzz buzz? that's what a friend of mine does for her DS.

I've yet to cut DD's hair. She's 2y2m and nnnnneeeeeds a cut!

Mom22girlz 03-29-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandikaake (Post 890771)
I've always cut my own bangs and my daughters hair just straight. I want to do some layers in her medium length hair but don't want to mess it up. Any suggestions?

My son is also having hair growing issues. LOL! He's 13 months old and still hardly has any hair. However what he does have is more on top and is longer. We love to spike it up but it's now getting too long. Again, anyone know some techniques so I don't totally mess up his hair.

Lol!

Mandi

How about taking them to a salon. Find out were your friends get there kids hair cut and take them in. Go in when you kid is in a good mood . I am a hair stylist and you don't know how many time we get moms bringing in there kids because the mom messed up cutting it.

Rachel

ChoiceSoaps 03-29-2007 03:29 PM

My hair has natural curl in it so it can be completely uneven and no one knows the difference. If your dd has natural wave/curl in her hair, I would definitely give it a try. If it's very straight, mistakes will be more obvious. Even so, it wouldn't hurt to try.

Melissa~BHS 03-29-2007 03:31 PM

My kids have never been to a salon. I cut everyone's hair, including my DH. Buzz buzz on the boys, straight across the back and bangs for the girls. My 12 yr old dd's hair is all one length - and I am growing mine out to all one length. I cut my own in layers several years ago and I got lots of compliments. Just use really good scissors, hair cutting shears if you can get them from a beauty supply store. Cut just a little at a time, so you don't cut too much. You can do layers on the girls as someone else suggested, with them laying with their head upside down.