Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Texas (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Austin area mommas (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216582)

againsttheoddsmom 05-24-2011 11:52 AM

Austin area mommas

Where do you hang out?

wonton 05-29-2011 11:28 AM

Re: Austin area mommas

Hi!
I actually live in Round Rock, and I hang out at my tiny apartment, ok well it's not super tiny but it sure does feel like it.

I have a 4mos old little girl and an 8yo big boy ha! My son will be w/my dad for the majority of the summer. My fiance is a software engineer and works for 3M, and I stay home w/my baby girl.
We moved her from New Mexico in October, but Im from Houston originally.
Im kinda shy, quiet and awkward in person when Im getting to know someone, hence why I hangout online so much lol. :blush:

againsttheoddsmom 05-29-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonton (Post 13034053)
Hi!
I actually live in Round Rock, and I hang out at my tiny apartment, ok well it's not super tiny but it sure does feel like it.

I have a 4mos old little girl and an 8yo big boy ha! My son will be w/my dad for the majority of the summer. My fiance is a software engineer and works for 3M, and I stay home w/my baby girl.
We moved her from New Mexico in October, but Im from Houston originally.
Im kinda shy, quiet and awkward in person when Im getting to know someone, hence why I hangout online so much lol. :blush:

I'm fully convinced hanging out in apts is the best place ever, though it does get lonely. And don't worry, the majority of my social interaction comes in the form of internet as well lol. I asked b/c my mom is in the austin area and going through a rough time. She also hangs around the house a lot.
Her youngest is 5 and oldest at home is 14. She is younger, but hasnt yet discovered chat rooms yet..or at least i hope not:blush:
In any case she asked me where to hang out and meet new cool ppl, and the coolest chicks I know are on DS:hugs:

Boxie'sMom 08-15-2011 10:19 AM

I live in the NW Austin area, near Lakeline Mall. So my SO and I go there all the time. :) But we find ourselves in RR A LOT. I'll be having our LO there as well.
We hang out at the outlets too or over by the Domain. Even if we don't buy anything, it's nice to get out every once and a while.

I also get most "human" interaction from the computer as well.. I stay at home ALL day, EVERY day during the week (other then going to the grocery store) so on the weekends (some weekends) we go out and about. Sometimes we'll feel adventurous and try to find something new to do. We really need a second, family-friendly car which we should have soon.
I would go hangout down at the pool or something, but it's just too hot and not that fun by yourself.

I really can't wait for our DS to be born in October. :) Can't wait!

sillyutalktome 08-18-2011 10:35 PM

I live in Round Rock too. Try meetup.com groups (I am in the Round Rock AP group), I've met great moms at Chickfila and indoor play places like Safari Champ and the old Hoppin Hippos. Get the kids involved in something like soccer or girl scouts and she'll be meeting tons of parents.

Fusion 09-05-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyutalktome (Post 13587456)
I live in Round Rock too. Try meetup.com groups (I am in the Round Rock AP group), I've met great moms at Chickfila and indoor play places like Safari Champ and the old Hoppin Hippos. Get the kids involved in something like soccer or girl scouts and she'll be meeting tons of parents.

I just joined that group :) maybe I will see you around sometime!!

sillyutalktome 09-07-2011 02:35 PM

Hope you like the group! My name is Jeanette, btw. Hope you guys are fairing well in this smokey weather. Dd and I are staying indoors but hopefully I'll be scheduling some playdates and more things soon!

Maygirl 01-01-2012 08:02 PM

I live in Kyle. I work ft so I don't get out much with my little one.

tiffanycreuz 03-09-2014 09:07 AM

Austin has a lot of meetup groups. I am a full-time working mother and don't have time to hang out many places but I know of a lot of SAHM that hang out at local places that host mommy/baby events (ie...The natural baby co).