Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anyone loan out diapers to convert a friend only to have them lost? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1217527)

Soph's Mom 05-25-2011 10:07 PM

Anyone loan out diapers to convert a friend only to have them lost?

Ugh... It was only a prefold but it was a nice newborn one... I brought a couple if my dipes over to show her and she decided instead of my pockets to try pins with her gerber prefolds and receiving blankets... She kept two of my prefolds there along with pins and a pair of plastic pants. She kept up with the econobum prefold and plastic pants but lost my pins and DSQ prefold... I'm so angry but I'm trying to be nice since she's a friend but why lose my good prefold? She didn't even stick with it for more than a day probably bc of what she insisted on using...

Sorry for the rant but I just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else...

jessi4jc 05-25-2011 10:11 PM

No. Fortunately.
I even loan out to DS mamas and so far everyone has been very courteous to return them in good condition. :)

Ugh. Sorry that happened to you!

Gardyloo 05-25-2011 10:24 PM

Re: Anyone loan out diapers to convert a friend only to have them lost?

When I loan things out I always ask myself: Will I be okay if this dipe doesn't come back to me in the same condition it's in now (or at all)? If I can't answer 'yes' to that, then I don't loan the item. I know it's hard, but things happen. I'm sure your friend didn't do it on purpose. And anyway, how do you lose a diaper? :headscratch: It'll probably turn up eventually.

poppan 05-26-2011 12:09 AM

That would make me mad, although I would try to understand because I've been in a sleep deprived state and done dumb things. But, how do you lose a diaper??

eahcapemay 05-26-2011 12:19 AM

A friend of mine lost an entire bag of her sister-in-laws MEOS. They were thrown out by the night cleaning crew at my friends day care. She bought her SIL a completly new set. How did your friend lose a prefold in her house? Are you sure her kid didn't poop on it and then she got grossed out and threw it away? Having 11 prefolds would annoy me to no end.

PigletGeniesse 05-26-2011 01:21 AM

How did she lose it? I wouldn't believe that

Beerbelly 05-26-2011 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eahcapemay
How did your friend lose a prefold in her house? Are you sure her kid didn't poop on it and then she got grossed out and threw it out?.

I so totally thought this too!!
:(

nrgburst 05-26-2011 03:42 AM

I lost an almost new blueberry minky in a horribly crowded bathroom. Baby screamed through the entire change and the ground was filthy but there was no place next to the change "table" (one of those swing down plastic things) to put anything. I still have no idea how I lost it though- I still have all my wetbags.
Sucks that your friend hasn't offered to replace it. How rude! I've lent pocket diapers to friends and converted them (yay!) but I lend ones that can be replaced, not my GMs or anything. :)

silvermaille 05-26-2011 04:57 AM

I never loan anything out unless I'm okay with not getting it back. This includes money. Did said mama offer to replace the items? If not, maybe she's not such a good friend.

Soph's Mom 05-26-2011 07:38 AM

Thanks everyone... I doubt this mama was really that sleep deprived anymore... Her dd is almost 9 months old, sleeps through the night, and they nap together during the day.

I couldnt imagine how you would lose a diaper either but I have been to their house a few times and seen some reasons it could... There have been piles of laundry two rooms that would both hide a twin size bed completely and it's just for three people, and that's the organized sections... Oh well.

I thought about the poop too but it looked like her burp cloths got clean so I dunno.

Thanks for all your responses... I just wanted to tell some people that would understand!