Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best diaper for dads? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1217669)

justineybean 05-26-2011 09:58 AM

Best diaper for dads?

Our DD is one week old and I am just starting to CD her... I'm using snappied PFs and covers but DH is probably not going to do that. I have some fitteds but they are so bulky I haven't really wanted to use them yet. Those I bought for DH but I am wondering if it would be better to have fitteds or just have AIOs or pockets for him to use when he changes her diaper?

What do you think? Any specific brand recommendations are greatly appreciated :goodvibes:

ETA - I have 3 Softbums (one is an Omni) and a BG 4.0 that I haven't washed up yet. DD is a big girl - 10 lb. 4 oz. Do you think I could go ahead and start using these on her?

clopez 05-26-2011 11:00 AM

Re: Best diaper for dads?

My husband's favorites are AIOs.... but he doesn't mind pockets if I pre-stuff them when they come out of the wash. Then they are basically the same as disposables! We love the BGs.... we tried a bunch of different ones and those contained leaks and messes the best. We have the 3.0s (the 4.0s weren't out yet). He also prefers aplix instead of snaps.... a squirmy baby and snaps are not his favorite!
Good luck!

Crow Mountain Crafts 05-26-2011 11:04 AM

My husbands fave is Flips and Weehuggers. He likes that he can put any type of insert in them and not go wrong. I keep a stack of the organic flip inserts and regular prefolds trifolded and ready for him to use. He is kinda a pro at cloth diapers though so he can snappi and use wool too. Those are just the easiest for him.

MayasMommy 05-26-2011 11:21 AM

Seriously my husband won't use anything except FuzziBunz. We started out with them and (since I'm the only one who does CD laundry) they are always pre-stuffed when he changes DD, so it's easy for him. Recently I acquired some fitteds, and two Itti Bitti's and he won't touch them. He says they look complicated, lol!

MommaToBubandCJ 05-26-2011 11:37 AM

Well, when our baby was a newbie, DH never changed her. He couldn't handle the prefolds, even trifolded. So I was the diaper changer until she got big enough for some pocket diapers. He now will change her any time, and he does most of the changing when he's home. He loves the BG 4.0s with snaps and the Kawaii heavy duty. I always have them pre-stuffed so all he has to do is put it on.

mrstilly 05-26-2011 11:42 AM

My son was 10lbs 9 oz and we used the BG 4.0 pockets from the beginning. That is a great part of having a big baby; they fit into one size dipes quicker.
We are just using pockets (sunbaby - which are a bit smaller and fit DS great, BG 4.0, and smartipants) until he gets a tad bigger and fits into the flips a bit better.

My husband has only changed one cloth diaper in 8 weeks, and it was a pocket! It's a good thing I'm still home on maternity leave! He's going to have to learn quick when I go back to work and he's home all summer from school, because I'm not buying more sposies. I keep just enough for night time in the house, but DS is almost big enough to use a larger pocket double stuffed which will hopefully contain leaks.

greenMamaOwl 05-26-2011 11:44 AM

My DH will use anything, but his fave are BG OS Pockets!

KimA 05-26-2011 11:53 AM

You could probably start using those on her no problem. FuzziBunz has leg elastic that is adjustable for their os pockets and that allows for a great fit.
My DH loved the Osocozy AIOS and the price isn't bad at around $15.
We did some other pockets as well, so I guess pockets and AIOs were our daddy diapers.

MrsJordan85 05-26-2011 11:54 AM

DH loves the BG 4.0s. He is a rock-star at putting them on too! They are always perfect :)

justineybean 05-26-2011 01:54 PM

Awesome! Thanks for all of the suggestions. :goodvibes: I'm going to dig out that BG 4.0 and pick up a FB and/or Osocozy to try!