Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What would you recommend for a gift? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1217770)

rleash 05-26-2011 01:02 PM

What would you recommend for a gift?

I have a cousin who is pregnant with her first, and I'd like to give her cloth diapers as a gift. I'm going back and forth on what exactly I should get her as a "starter" package. I'd like to spend around $50. I was thinking,

6 Indian prefolds
2 covers
1 BG OS
1 Snappi

Another option would be to get the Flip Day Pack, but I've never used Flips myself, so I don't know if that would be everything she needs to get a feel for CDing, or not.

Or is there a third option you girls would recommend? What would you do?

jessi4jc 05-26-2011 01:07 PM

If you can, I would add a set of pins and I would add some fitteds.

Darth Hooka 05-26-2011 01:14 PM

Re: What would you recommend for a gift?

or an econobum pack!

momofdestructobaby 05-26-2011 01:14 PM

Has she ever CD's before? Is this her first child? I started CDing with my second child, and was totally afraid to use prefold because I was used to the ease of disposables from my first. I still have not found the prefold love. If I was trying to convert a mama ;) I'd probably include an AIO, a pocket, and a flip organic (because you don't have to worry about pins or snappis), a fitted and cover if financially possible.

JeDeeLenae 05-26-2011 01:18 PM

The first diapers I tried were prefolds. They're good because she'll probably use then everyday as burp towels if not diapers. I always had a dozen around and one day decided to use them! I think a few cute fitteds would be nice and a snappi.

tward33556 05-26-2011 01:19 PM

I would agrees with previous poster. I have never liked prefolds and was scared to try them. To someone who is used to disposables, they are just too many steps. I would include AIOs and pockets. Then let her decide if she wants to brand out.

Chris10 05-26-2011 01:54 PM

I agree that prefolds are often scary at first. I'd stick with AIOs. And I'd include a wetbag- those dirty diapers have to go somewhere!

healthydiapers 05-26-2011 02:03 PM

I would say a dozen Sunbaby pockets, although that would be $60. They are my favorite! You can get them from www.sunbabydiapers.com.

rleash 05-26-2011 02:08 PM

I get what you guys are saying about prefolds being scary.. But I wanted to get her enough to really get going, and with the $50-$60 limit I could only get 2-3 pockets. Plus she DID put Gerber prefolds on her registry (which is a big reason why I wanted to do this... If the Gerbers don't work out, I don't want her to give up ;) )

Maybe I'll drop the prefolds down and throw in a fitted. I just never felt fitteds were worth the extra $ for the elastic, but that's just me :)

Hmmmmm what to do ...

JeDeeLenae 05-26-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rleash
I get what you guys are saying about prefolds being scary.. But I wanted to get her enough to really get going, and with the $50-$60 limit I could only get 2-3 pockets. Plus she DID put Gerber prefolds on her registry (which is a big reason why I wanted to do this... If the Gerbers don't work out, I don't want her to give up ;) )

Maybe I'll drop the prefolds down and throw in a fitted. I just never felt fitteds were worth the extra $ for the elastic, but that's just me :)

Hmmmmm what to do ...

Don't drop the prefolds! Sure is going to love those so much more than the Gerber ones! Especially if that's what she asked for. Maybe look for inexpensive prefitteds, and a cheap pocket. Our just drop the fitted all together and get the pocket diaper.