Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Nite time wool diaper ? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12182)

kthoelen 06-06-2006 06:58 PM

Nite time wool diaper ?

I have used wool during the day and both kids can wet thru the wool cover so I know it won't work at night. I am using re-uz' ms for my dd at night but they are getting too small and she is starting to wet right out of them! I use honeyboys for my ds but only have 2 of those! Any suggestions so that I can use wool for night w/out it wicking?? I have lanolized too but still leaks!

redheadedangels 06-06-2006 07:00 PM

Re: Nite time wool diaper ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kthoelen
I have used wool during the day and both kids can wet thru the wool cover so I know it won't work at night. I am using re-uz' ms for my dd at night but they are getting too small and she is starting to wet right out of them! I use honeyboys for my ds but only have 2 of those! Any suggestions so that I can use wool for night w/out it wicking?? I have lanolized too but still leaks!

I've heard from alot of other mamas that aristocrats are awesome for nighttime! I haven't tried one yet but i do have one on the way.

HTH!

MamaLove 06-06-2006 07:10 PM

You need thick wool covers! (Aristocrats, Loveybums wool interlock, or any 2 layered wool interlock, Wild Oats, most merino wool.)

What wool covers are you using? Also, are your diapers absorbant enough? Sounds like you might need some super soaker doublers or wool doublers to maximize time between changes.

Hang in there, mama! It takes some trial and error to find what works best for each baby! :thumbsup:

kthoelen 06-06-2006 08:57 PM

I am crocheting my own soakers with fisherman's wool and with cascade 220. Both I have had the wicking problem. I am relanolizing them tonight to see if that will help. Also I will be looking to get some doublers.

Thanks.

z2akids 06-06-2006 09:18 PM

I would think about adding absorbency to your diaper. Do you have anything that works at night?

kthoelen 06-07-2006 05:47 AM

I would think about adding absorbency to your diaper. Do you have anything that works at night?

I was using re-uz'm s for my dd but she is out growing them and I am using honeyboys for my ds but only have 2! So I wanted to use my wool but it barely holds them during the day if we go too long.

jacidenise 06-07-2006 10:28 AM

I have a Diansa double knit and that sucker never leaks. Only thing is they eitehr run large or they send me the wrong size becasue I bought a meduim and it still kind of big on my 18 month old. :headscratch:

cdmaze 06-07-2006 10:44 AM

I havent had a single leak with my Aristocrat....I gotta get a couple more! Plus, it's the only one so far that dd looks really comfortable in.

I have a pretty felted Disana cover that was HUGE ....but I over felted it and now it's too small. It's the aplix wrap Disana...I'll use it on the newborn.

kthoelen 06-07-2006 11:17 AM

I am making my own cuz it is too expensive to buy the aristacrats for both of my kiddos!! Plus I am trying to get my business off the ground with crocheted soakers/longies so I have to keep trying to perfect them!!

9800Emily 06-07-2006 11:27 AM

My dd is a super soaker, she can actually soak a M/L very baby simply night untill it is dripping :eek: . The only wool the has never leaked for her over night is tiny bird organics, she has the shorts and the pants. http://www.tinybirdsorganics.com/org...percovers.html I have tried disana, lana, loveybums and they all leak at night.