Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   IVF abroad..questions for those of you have btdt! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1219282)

AugustHope 05-29-2011 06:19 PM

IVF abroad..questions for those of you have btdt!

We are seriously considering going to the Czech Republic for IVF with donor embryos or possible ivf using our own.

I am worried with using our own, basically that we will get there and my ovaries and eggies wont cooperate and it will be a wasted trip, so I am kind of leaning towards donor embryos. I know a couple of the clinics offer that as one of the options.

I guess my questions are:

Is it possible for us to plan the trip with out using one of the medical vacation sites? Can we just call and email the clinic/hotels on our own? Or will we need a translator.

Recommendations between Prague, Brno or Zlin?

Has anyone done this?

Any advice from those of you who have been there and done that or those of you who have researched all about it, I would love to hear from you!!!!

L&A'smommy 05-29-2011 07:27 PM

Re: IVF abroad..questions for those of you have btdt!

PM Jennybeth. She had her IVF overseas. :)

Melmonkey 06-02-2011 03:22 PM

:yeahthat: She has 2 handsome boys because of CR IVF
:thumbsup:

tygr2410 06-02-2011 05:50 PM

Pretty sure she did zlin clinic, try to search in this forum and her thread documenting it all should show

ETA here it is http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...highlight=zlin
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=741529

kristinc 06-02-2011 05:57 PM

We looked in to this a bit, but ruled it out b/c you have to have pretty basic infertility issues to have success there. From what I remember it seems like everyone has a very similar protocol medwise. That being said if we didn't have extremely difficult issues we would have prob tried an ivf vacation. I am sure Jenny Beth can give you more specifics:goodvibes: Good luck to you!

TryinginDC 09-08-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AugustHope (Post 13036125)
We are seriously considering going to the Czech Republic for IVF with donor embryos or possible ivf using our own.

I am worried with using our own, basically that we will get there and my ovaries and eggies wont cooperate and it will be a wasted trip, so I am kind of leaning towards donor embryos. I know a couple of the clinics offer that as one of the options.

I guess my questions are:

Is it possible for us to plan the trip with out using one of the medical vacation sites? Can we just call and email the clinic/hotels on our own? Or will we need a translator.

Recommendations between Prague, Brno or Zlin?

Has anyone done this?

Any advice from those of you who have been there and done that or those of you who have researched all about it, I would love to hear from you!!!!

Hi AugustHope,

I am new to this forum but saw that you were thinking of doing IVF abroad some time ago. Did you decide to go ahead with that? I am considering the same but will need to decide one way or another within a very short amount of time, so anything you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

TryinginDC

lalakiwi7 09-08-2012 10:55 PM

can you tell me what the rationale is to going abroad vs staying in the US?? I am sure it is a price thing but is it really that drastic?? Just curious.

AugustHope 09-18-2012 04:56 AM

I don't know how to multi quote so:

TryinginDC--we decided against going abroad and found a clinic here that was reasonably priced and had an embryo donation program. I am happy to say that we had our FET on Sept 13, and am now not so patiently waiting for the big test day to see if it was a success or not.

lalakiwi7--yes, it was very much a financial issue. We live in a pretty rural area where the idea of embryo donation is somewhat foreign. My hospital does not do IVF, therefore it was going to involve changing clinics and paying for EVERYTHING out of pocket.

We chose to do embryo donation like I said because my ovaries are not very cooperative at all, the fertility meds don't/havent made a big difference in the past and very seldom have I actually ovulated on them. My other thought on that is that this would be the one time my ovaries stimulated and we would have way more embryos than we could use (one of those little jokes my body would play on me). Knowing that there are embryos out there waiting to grow made my decision easier.

Now, here is hoping that the the transfer on the 13th was a success and we may be able to pass on the 2 embryos we have left to another family that has had the same struggles we have!

kushie tushie 09-18-2012 05:01 AM

Nevermind, I just saw your update.
Good luck!!