Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Happy 1st Birthday JuneBugs!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1220588)

canadianbakers 06-01-2011 12:19 PM

Happy 1st Birthday JuneBugs!!

:party: :happybirthday: :party:

I can't believe it's been a year - all ready for a few, and soon to come for all - since these wee ones were born.
:wub:
http://media9.dropshots.com/photos/1...r90_154818.jpg

tamarag 06-01-2011 12:25 PM

Re: Happy 1st Birthday JuneBugs!!

I seriously have never ever been sad when any of my babies turned 1. I don't get why I am so depressed about it!

I just posted in the may thread....oops!

canadianbakers 06-01-2011 08:22 PM

:hugs: I've always had a hard time with the first birthday - it's such a turning point from infant to toddler, in my mind. Although it's so obvious that they are, indeed, toddlers now - literally!

solarbabies 06-01-2011 08:40 PM

A year? No way! I think someone forgot to tell me. My baby girl is not almost a year already!!!! :cry:

bluedaisyma 06-01-2011 09:52 PM

Ok, so my day kinda sucked (just normal stuff), but kailani's day was great and I tried to focus on him. So, since it's still his b-day for 10 more minutes, i will obnoxiously post more than one pic :)

A few hours old:

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/s...slazar/fav.jpg

Ready for birthday blueberry scones and goofing off with big brother:

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/s...slazar/470.jpg

Birthday dinner, daddy made spaghetti with a whole head of garlic, K loves it!

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/s...slazar/476.jpg

This time, he was ready for cake, lol. He reached for it immediately. It's like someone told him how to do it.

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/s...slazar/484.jpg

And.....done :)

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/s...slazar/502.jpg

:wub:

canadianbakers 06-02-2011 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javabarnes (Post 13057498)
A year? No way! I think someone forgot to tell me. My baby girl is not almost a year already!!!! :cry:

:) :hugs:
But think Shannon - you have a new itty squishie on the way! :wub:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedaisyma (Post 13057980)
Ok, so my day kinda sucked (just normal stuff), but kailani's day was great and I tried to focus on him. So, since it's still his b-day for 10 more minutes, i will obnoxiously post more than one pic :)

Aww!! :wub: Thanks for sharing, Jul! I absolutely am jealous of all K's hair!! It looks like he had a wonderful supper and cake time - spaghetti is a top fav of Levi's, too... but oh so messy!

AFM: I have MOTS this morning, our next-to-last one for the year. I need to get up and showered, get the older 2 off to school and all that. But I'm blah cuz of the weather.

2 days ago it seriously stormed all day long. It took until about 3pm, while I was sitting here staring out the picture window at the incredible wind and driving rain and hail, when I finally realized after saying all day that I've not seen weather like this, that I have seen weather like that. It was when hurricaines would hit the east coast. WTHeck?! A hurricaine in the prairies?!! How in the world does that happen?!! Not sure. But that's what it was. I have no doubt.
Yesterday was beautiful. Slight breeze, but sunny and fairly warm - t shirt warm anyways. We can't play in the yard again because of all the flooding and wetness, but we played on the deck most of the day. I was able to water flowers with Isaac and dead-head my hanging baskets :) We had BBQ for supper :yum: A nice day.
And now I wake up and it's crummy again. :( Boo. It's windy and cloudy. They're calling for really warm, humid temps this afternoon... and another bunch of rain and thunderstorms. :banghead: Seriously?! NO MORE RAIN.

Sorry. I ramble about the weather. I know this. But it's a huge factor in how I feel each day with my SAD. It's been a long winter, and now a wet cold spring. Just carries it on far too long.

In other (not so crummy) news. I was thinking about bfp's and timing and all, lol, and I realized that if I get pregnant 2 cycles from now (so end of june cycle) it would be fairly perfect timing, putting EDD right before/during spring break '12. Huh. Interesting.
Although I know, the best laid plans... and all that. But it would be neat timing.

canadianbakers 06-02-2011 02:10 PM

Argh. I'm aggravated.
DH's cousin is getting married in July. We were invited. We had planned on going ourselves, taking Levi, and getting a baby sitter for the whole day and evening (wedding at 3, reception/dinner/etc later on, we'd need someone from near lunchtime until well after bedtime). I rsvp'ed yesterday saying yes for DH, me, and Levi. They emailed back today saying that the guests are "restricted to adults only excepting the kids in the immediate family and wedding party" :banghead:
I'm ticked off now. It's not like we're wanting to bring everyone, just Levi - who is only one, still nursing, and who doesn't go to sleep for anyone except me. Never mind that he is used to sitting through an hour long church sermon every week and does so pretty much silently - hence why he's still allowed to sit with us!
:badday: We really wanted to go to this wedding, DH was really excited about it, his parents are coming out for it. Boo. I haven't replied yet and will talk to DH about it. I'm totally fine with him going with his parents, but I absolutely don't have a choice in the matter - I can't leave Levi for that long. Period.

tamarag 06-02-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamarag (Post 13054011)
:banghead: Dh is driving me nuts...he is so cranky, over tired and just being a real donkey arse. He is just going crazy trying to build his real estate brokerage. He has hired an assistant and now wants to buy him an ipad. $700 pays him $15/hour, then he has another lawyer/buyers agent that he is adding to the team and "needs" to stay in contact with so he needs to get her an ipad! :thud: all I see is $$$$$ signs flying out the window. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it all. I get that you have to pay money to build a business, I get that he needs help. The poor Guy is working literally 24/7. This week he has stayed up all night for 2 nights and it is only wednesday. I think he may even be working on Cooper's birthday. He gets mad at me when I complain about it and says that he has to work and has to get money in but geez. To be successful you have to be able to balance life and work. Am I way off base here.

Oh well. Is it bad that I don't really want to do much for Coopers birthday. I think I will make him a cake, give him a few presents and other than that it will be like any other day. :hide: :blush:

Alright BRB

Not much has changed from this except now DH is working pretty much all day on Coopers Birthday. I think I may play around and make a few brownie pops which will give me good practice for the baby shower. Dh feels guilty about being gone she he told me to get Cooper some more gifts....In reality he could care less about the gifts...what Coop will remember is all of us being there. Whatev....His loss. Just like his dad. Absentee father who worked 24/7 becasue the money he made was never enough. He could always make more so he spent ALL of his time working and building a company. Good for him, he paid cash for his car, his house was paid off in 15 yrs, he has nice things but he missed so much of his kids childhood! Just sad. Not how i grew up. My dad was there for every soccer game, every birthday/holiday. Always present and in the moment. I know when DH does get home saturday from working, we will do cake and presents and probably go out to eat and he will be on his ipad or on the phone working! :banghead:

All of my pics of when Cooper was itty bitty is on my micro sd card. SO I will post pics later.

BBL ladies. just bummed and tired today!

canadianbakers 06-02-2011 04:18 PM

:hugs: Tamara. I'm sorry your DH is choosing work over the family. :(
I feel like my DH doesn't choose work over us, but does choose many other things - video games, computer, or just napping/relaxing on the couch. Ah well, can't win them all I guess.

Can't wait to see squishie pics of wee Cooper! :)

canadianbakers 06-02-2011 10:24 PM

Oh my good heavens - a blogger I follow just had her baby girl this morning. I had to go check the blog post again now, before going to bed, just to stare at the beautiful wee one! That settles any nigglings I had about not being ready for another yet - definitely I am. :)