Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pulling up (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1220597)

Scarlett's mommy 06-01-2011 12:34 PM

Pulling up

My just turned six month old is pulling up onto her feet and standing it scares the poopie out of her mama :( anyone elses baby do this I feel like it's way too early aske can barely crawl

:) <3 :p

Scarlett's mommy 06-01-2011 01:31 PM

Anyone?

:) <3 :p

amb2j 06-01-2011 01:53 PM

Re: Pulling up

Yeah, my LO crawled for only about a week (at around 7months) and then immediately started pulling up. He is now pulling up on EVERYTHING and doing so with only ONE HAND most of the time. I feel like Im going to have a panic attack watching him wobble while barely hanging on! I definitely think he will be walking (where did my LO go :-(

within the coming week or two. I miss the days where he was complacent in my Ergo

SkyeSpade 06-01-2011 01:55 PM

DS began pulling up almost as soon as he could sit! He still, 10 months later, will opt to stand whenever he can! Surprisingly, he didn't crawl until almost 10 months anf walk until 13 months.

tallanvor 06-01-2011 02:03 PM

My oldest was like that. Crawling at 6 months, cruising by 7 months, climbing from the floor to the top of the couch (as in, the very top of the back and then standing up) by 8 months. I figured she'd be walking around 10-11 months because she seemed to have no fear and was all over the place. She didn't walk truly unaided until 15 months. She probably wandered up and down the hall with one hand on the wall for months before she finally let go and just walked. It was weird.

pcjs 06-01-2011 05:19 PM

Hee hee... good job.

The best things we found were to replace the coffee table with the Target $60 on sale vinyl ottoman so he could cruise that and the Leap Frog Table as he'd play with that vs. our furniture.

Life as you know it is now over. You get so excited for them to do new things... till they do them and you realize how it changes things. Oh the joys of them being newborn and not going anywhere.

But, all pure joy and fun.

Oh, and time to move all that stuff. :) We had to too.

hilaryisinked 06-01-2011 06:21 PM

Fun! DD pulled up before she crawled or sat on her own, lol.

HeatherlovesCDs 06-01-2011 06:46 PM

One of my youngest twins is insane. :giggle2: He was early on rolling over, pulling up and crawling. He started pulling up in his crib the end of 5 months. He would pull himself up and then fall forward causing him to bump his head on the crib slats. He had bruises on his head for a couple of months. :giggle: He was crawling by 6 months and walking at 10 months. His twin brother was a little behind him, especially on the pulling up, but actually walked a couple of days before him. Now, at 13 months, they can both climb up on things (like the regular picnic table outside) and they walk very well and get going into almost a run. It is really funny because they are both so small, especially the one who was pulling up early. He is only 17lbs or so still. The other is 18lbs. So, when they were 6 months, they were around 12lbs or so. (I can't remember exactly.)

They are early on the motor skills, but they aren't saying a lot of things yet. It balances out. :)

NATTYBATSMOM 06-02-2011 02:22 PM

My oldest was pulling herself up and cruising no later than 8 months, maybe even seven months and was walking before she turned 10 months (and climbing shortly after that!). My 10 month old started pulling herself up last month, also started to learn to actually crawl (I miss her really cute little scooting she used to do where she would pull herself along with her arms and use her feet to push herself forward) and is getting herself to a sitting position too. DH is all eager for her to walk but I'm like, "You're INSANE! Our apartment is not baby proof enough for that!" As it is, now that she's standing and cruising, she's finding stuff to get into. Any glass with liquid is not safe (she's dumped over a number of things now), a tote with clothing is in danger of her emptying it out, and just in general, if she can get to it and into it, she will! Little stinker!

blessedwifenmama 06-02-2011 02:37 PM

YES!!! My LO just started army-crawling about a week and a half ago, and the other night he managed to pull himself up. He's 7.5mo now and just yesterday I had to take out the bassinet attachment from his PNP cause I was worried he might flip out of it when I wasn't around to monitor.