Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best swim dipe (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1221166)

cadelucia3 06-02-2011 01:11 PM

Best swim dipe

Tell me your favorite and why!!

me_just_me 06-02-2011 01:49 PM

Re: Best swim dipe

I love the Imse Vimse. They pull up and down just like underwear, but have snaps on one side in case of "accidents". The fit nice and trim, are not bulky or balloony and work great.

I have also used a few other brands, but the worst for us so far is Tuga brand. It was so tight in the legs that even going up 2 extra sizes I could hardly get it on his legs but by that time the waist was too big. Tt left deep red marks just after a few minutes. If you have a skinny thighed baby they would probably work great though.

elkay724 06-02-2011 05:08 PM

My faves are Turtle Soup. First off, they're made by a super sweet Mama, Cortney. She's a joy to work with. She uses the proceeds of her work to fund her children's medical needs. Both of her youngest kids have been diagnosed this year with brain disorders. Her 6 year old son will undergo brain surgery in a few weeks. Ok, that was a long explanation, but I like to support the WAHMs and especially one who is trying to support her children's medical conditions.
Otherwise....The fabric selection is amazing....I have to pry my eyes away to avoid overspending, lol. Prices are great, and the savings over sposie swim dipes is amazing. I used them exclusively for my 2 in dipes last summer. They're available in a bunch of different sizes and styles.

elkay724 06-02-2011 05:09 PM

My faves are Turtle Soup. First off, they're made by a super sweet Mama, Cortney. She's a joy to work with. She uses the proceeds of her work to fund her children's medical needs. Both of her youngest kids have been diagnosed this year with brain disorders. Her 6 year old son will undergo brain surgery in a few weeks. Ok, that was a long explanation, but I like to support the WAHMs and especially one who is trying to support her children's medical conditions.
Otherwise....The fabric selection is amazing....I have to pry my eyes away to avoid overspending, lol. Prices are great, and the savings over sposie swim dipes is amazing. I used them exclusively for my 2 in dipes last summer. They're available in a bunch of different sizes and styles.

cadelucia3 06-03-2011 02:41 PM

Ok thanks ladies I'll check both out!!!!

mlhmrsdds 06-03-2011 04:08 PM

the charlie banana one is really nice, it has a drawstring waist and a little absorbant strip to absorb pre-pool accidents.

nebmama 06-03-2011 04:13 PM

I also love Imse Vimse but I think they might run a little small. Bummis Swimmis are also nice. I like that you can adjust the waist size because they are velcro.

nebraskamom 06-03-2011 04:32 PM

I love the Monkey Doodlez. They have nice wide elastic around the waist and legs, so no red marks. The PUL is nice and stretchy too. We are using the same one as last year since DD fit it at 20 lbs and now at 26 lbs! I got mine from Nicki's Diapers.

little hoot 06-05-2011 02:09 PM

I found a few swimsuits at a consignment sale for DD and only one has a diaper sewn into the suit. Has anyone used iPlay? It's the only brand available locally at my CD store. I have enough time to order online before next weekend so I have considered the Monkey Doodlez or Charlie Banana. Can anyone compare these? Is the Monkey Doodlez blowfish pattern cute in person? I'm leaning toward ordering that one.

jdchic3 07-08-2011 09:25 PM

Where can you find the Turtle Soup ones? :)