Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How to handle changing at pool? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1221352)

Suzi 06-02-2011 06:56 PM

How to handle changing at pool?

My boyfriend and I live in a town inbetween towns we work in. My 2 boys go to daycare in my work town and his dd goes to daycare in his town. We mainly go to the waterpark after work so it is just me and the boys. We have always changed in the family bathroom afterwards (don't want to drive home in wet suits).

I'm afraid to just go in with yds and leaving ods by himself. The other option I can think of is to go into the women's locker room. I could have them go into the shower part and I could change in the changing part, so a curtain would be in between us. Down side is there could be naked women in the locker room

Now my ods is 6 and yds is 5. Yds is autistic and shows no interest in my body. My 6 y/o is starting to ask questions. I can't decide which option is best to get us all changed but not traumatize my son either.

Vivhop98 06-02-2011 06:59 PM

Re: How to handle changing at pool?

We have three kids and we just all go home in our suits with a t-shirt or cover-up. We dry off and head home. It is too much packing to bring everything. :)

Suzi 06-02-2011 07:03 PM

That's what we did when we lived close but now we have 20min in the car after. I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world but I like to be comfy :)

iris0110 06-02-2011 07:04 PM

My youngest is 5.5 and still showers with me. Unless it seems to be bothering him or it really bothers you I would just keep doing what you are doing. If it is bothering you I would go home in wet suits with a t-shirt cover up on. I don't trust leaving a child outside alone while you change. It just doesn't seem safe. Taking him into the women's locker room has the chance of exposing him to more than just his mother's naked body. I wouldn't be terribly bothered but if you are trying to avoid him seeing you nude it seems counterproductive. Not to mention it may bother the other women there.

loving my family 06-02-2011 08:00 PM

You could always take a big shirt with you put it on & slip your arms inside of the shirt & take your bathing suit off. Then put your arms back into the sleeves put your under ware then shorts on all while the shirt is blocking his view. Then put your arms back in and put your bra on back wards so you can hook it with out flashing him, slid it around and pull it up so you are wearing it as it is meant to be worn (sorry if I worded that strange I hope it makes sense) Thats what I would do.
I agree with the others it is not safe to leave him alone someone could walk off with him in a split second. & the locker room well a lot of people are not very modest in those place's so that wouldn't work either. So I would either change in a tent shirt there or ride home soggy I hope this helps:)

Suzi 06-02-2011 09:01 PM

Thanks, glad I'm not neurotic, not wanting him to be alone even for a couple of minutes. I have a dress that may become my swimming dress. I'm not a big dress wearer so I forgot about it but its cotton and slips on easy. Its only my bottoms that I take off so it would be simple.

I knew you ladies would help me find an obvious solution!

luvsviola 06-02-2011 10:01 PM

I'd just go home wet. :)

CarrieMF 06-02-2011 10:40 PM

Since there is a family room I would NOT take them into the ladies change room.

I would go home in my suit though. 20 minutes in the car you will dry off fast anyhow.