Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   February Fatales Weekly Chat | 6/5-6/11 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1222506)

BldrArch 06-05-2011 10:00 AM

February Fatales Weekly Chat | 6/5-6/11

Sorry about being the thread hog.

Welcome newbies!!! I'm surprised there aren't more of us. But as Marie pointed out, maybe they just aren't POAS addicts like some of us who feel the pregnancy test companies are being hit pretty hard by this recession and need to keep in business somehow. :giggle:

There are a few of us taking trips in the coming week. Anyone else have big travel plans for the summer?

BldrArch 06-05-2011 10:04 AM

Re: February Fatales Weekly Chat | 6/5-6/11

We're heading to Aspen this weekend. That's about all I've got in the works for "big" vaca plans.

It's my friend's 30th bday bash (FYI - I turned 30 looong ago LOL). She's getting this house and has an itinerary of club hopping the whole weekend. It will be fun to see a couple girlfriends (who are all younger) I haven't seen in a long time, but I got over that scene a long time ago. Oh well. It would probably be different if I wasn't PG. At least it's a couples weekend...sans DD I might add!

Nickel+3 06-05-2011 10:05 AM

We're going camping this summer at Bass Lake for the 4th of July. My little nurser will turn 1 on July 1st so it's a combo trip/party. I can't believe my baby will be 1. It's crazy!

BldrArch 06-05-2011 10:11 AM

That's awesome!! How did the fact Fox is a July baby completely escape me?! Julia was July 6...but she'll be 2....:lostit:

MamaCarina 06-05-2011 10:33 AM

I have a July baby too, Amara will be 5 July 4th. We are doing a trip to disneyland next week and a trip to Vancouver Canada in August.

ExpatMama1990 06-05-2011 10:36 AM

We are flying to the UK in June/July to visit my poorly grandfather. I'm not looking forward to flying in the slightest, especially if morning sickness kicks in!!! :(

It'll be 2 weeks spent with family and friends though, so I'm trying to stay positive! My mum is the only one who has met Evelyn in person. I just hope I'm not stuck in bed the entire time, feeling like poop!!!

quicksilverNHS 06-05-2011 11:20 AM

I don't have any true "vacation" plans for this summer since we're moving in August (and don't have a CLUE which coast we'll be moving to!!!), but my BFF is coming out to see us in 2 weeks and we'll be going to Sea World while she's here for a day (its 3 hours from here). Other than that, we've got no travel plans for the summer.

But, I'm gonna be busy busy busy anyway with planning for the move, my photography business, and Smidget's 2nd birthday (this Thurs!?!) and his birthday party (on the 18th), and my anniversary (on the 18th) and Father's Day (on the 19th), and then the 4th weekend (when we may be having one of hubby's BFFs visit) and then we'll be in high-gear for the move! Its happening SO fast and I'm nowhere near ready!

BldrArch 06-05-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS (Post 13079350)
I don't have any true "vacation" plans for this summer since we're moving in August (and don't have a CLUE which coast we'll be moving to!!!), but my BFF is coming out to see us in 2 weeks and we'll be going to Sea World while she's here for a day (its 3 hours from here). Other than that, we've got no travel plans for the summer.

But, I'm gonna be busy busy busy anyway with planning for the move, my photography business, and Smidget's 2nd birthday (this Thurs!?!) and his birthday party (on the 18th), and my anniversary (on the 18th) and Father's Day (on the 19th), and then the 4th weekend (when we may be having one of hubby's BFFs visit) and then we'll be in high-gear for the move! Its happening SO fast and I'm nowhere near ready!

Our anniversary is the 19th! We actually got married on Father's day (6 years ago).

Good luck with all of that! Sounds busy, busy...

kismetbaby 06-05-2011 03:12 PM

We've got a great little Hawaii (Maui) vaca planned for early Sept. Thank goodness I should be in the sweet spot of the second tri then and feeling good--we planned the trip before my BFP so that was lucky. Seems like we always use up DHs vaca days to visit family, so this year we decided to make sure we got a true vacation in just for us as a family. So this will just be a lot of sun and sand and water. Should be great!

But ds and I will also travel to NM to visit my parents the end of July. I try to make sure that he sees them 4 times a year since it's only a 2 hour plane ride and he is the first grandkid. :)

Sara--a girl weekend away without your LO! wow, I dream of that, but know I couldn't do it yet. I'd worry too much and besides I don't think ds could survive. The longest we've been apart is 6 hours a couple times.

Man the m/s has really kicked in for me this weekend. Still no puking (knock on wood), but such a constant, grinding nausea. . .all day long. :yuck: No fun. I've decided I'm just done with the first tri and want to move on to the good part! :giggle: If only it were that easy. I wonder how many more weeks of this I have to endure. . .I always forget about this part when ttc!

TenaciousMama 06-05-2011 04:06 PM

I don't want to jinx anything but I'm joining! EDD 2/10/12 :) I've had several positive tests in a row, and I did have spotting (very, very light brown) but that subsided a couple days ago. Knocking on wood, crossing fingers, and all that jazz :) My FRERs have been getting darker and I had a positive digi yesterday morning.

I have a 2 year old who keeps me busy! I'm excited to reuse some of his fluff! He is still in diaps, but I hope to have him PL before baby arrives. I didn't CD him as a newborn so I'm so excited to start a newborn stash and do it from the beginning!

As for vacation plans, we have set aside time in August but haven't figured out if we are going to visit relatives in NC or just relax at home :)