Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   when will you tell your older children? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1223602)

taralynnel 06-07-2011 12:25 PM

when will you tell your older children?

it's been awhile since i've been pg and my others were still pretty young when i got pg with the 3rd one. my kids are much older now- the oldest will be 8 in sept and the middle will be 6 at the end of this month.
i want to make sure that this baby will stick before telling them, but my oldest is very observant and listens in on my conversations (read: she's nosey :giggle:) so when's the best time to tell them? i've been asking the littles one (3) if she wants a baby and she says yes :goodvibes:
and how are you planning on telling them? this will DEFINITELY be our last, so i'd like it to be special :D my oldest has been asking for another baby for awhile so i know she'll be super happy!

Fitter 06-07-2011 12:27 PM

Re: when will you tell your older children?

I am not sure how I'll tell them, but my oldest (5) has been requesting a brother lately, so he'll be excited. I am trying to keep my ms from them, but they have totally figured out that I don't feel well. I will probably wait until around the end of the first trimester before I tell them. Getting DH to wait that long is always the hard part :chuckle:

heavenlyblessedmom 06-07-2011 12:37 PM

My boys are 3, 2, and 1. We've technically already told them but they don't "get it", they might start to understand more as my stomach grows, and we start to watch more birth videos together and talk about it more.

MamaCarina 06-07-2011 04:16 PM

Im not going to tell my kids (4 and 3) until I start to show or we have the ultrasound picture.

Nickel+3 06-07-2011 06:36 PM

Well, my boys are 2 and 11 months, so not really an issue. But my 2 year old talks about the new baby all the time.

"there a new baby in your belly? It's gonna get bigger and then come out! I will have a new friend"

sk8nut 06-08-2011 01:45 PM

I figure we'll tell our son (3) after we have the first u/s, though we might wait longer. It just seems like Feb is so far off in his world and I don't want him thinking the baby is coming tomorrow. We've asked him if he wants a brother or a sister and he almost always says he wants a sister. One time he did say he wants a brother AND a sister, but that was right after we saw the new twins (boy/girl) so I'm pretty sure that's where that came from.

goatgeek 06-08-2011 01:50 PM

I'm definitely going to wait till I have an u/s just to make it's all good. I have 13 & 4 yr old girls would like to make it a surprise.My hugging the toilet might make it a bit hard tho lol

taralynnel 06-08-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goatgeek (Post 13101892)
I'm definitely going to wait till I have an u/s just to make it's all good. I have 13 & 4 yr old girls would like to make it a surprise.My hugging the toilet might make it a bit hard tho lol

:giggle: i haven't been hit too hard with m/s yet...but i'm barely 4 weeks. i'm hoping i'll skip that with this pregnancy!

goatgeek 06-08-2011 04:07 PM

I usually am pretty bad with it,started a little yesterday and today it was like woah lol lemonade is helping tho.definitely a sour baby,the thought of anything sweet is terrible.I already don't want to cook or even open the fridge.