Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   what baby name were you really wanting to use, but couldn't? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1224992)

Sarai* 06-09-2011 09:51 PM

what baby name were you really wanting to use, but couldn't?

'cause your partner wouldn't let you, your family hated it, someone else "took" it, got too popular, whatever.......

My list....

Francesca (husband said "no")
Avery for a boy (from Charlotte's web) cause it got turned into a girls' name
Seth (husband hated it)
Abigail (taken)
Annakah (we ended up having a boy, and then my SS took it anyway)

What name did you dearly love, that got crossed off your list?

SugarBooger 06-09-2011 09:53 PM

Re: what baby name were you really wanting to use, but couldn't?

Gracie. DH said no. Now a bunch of people I know have Gracie's. But we made Grace DD's middle name at least.

If we ever had another girl and I could convince DH about the name Gracie and not worry about ticking people off, do you think it would be weird to name DD2 Gracie if it's DD1's middle name? I always think about that... :giggle:

Michelle_M 06-09-2011 09:56 PM

I love the name Rebekah Lynn. So does my older sister.. so apparently it's a race, whoever has a girl first gets it... :giggle2:

As for DS3, I loved the name Caleb. DH not so much. I also love the biblical names Enoch and Boaz. And again.. DH nixed them. LOL

God bless!

bpure8 06-09-2011 09:59 PM

Chase.. ALWAYS loved that name since I was a kid.. then the person I married had a last name that would totally torcher our child. Couldn't have that.
Pay... as a middle name.. Again Clashes with our last name.
Payton.. DH said absolutely NOT.. girl or boy.
There were more but those are the ones from the top of my head :)

DalesWidda 06-09-2011 10:01 PM

I really wanted Angelina for our first.....until my mother had the brilliant idea of nicknaming her Angie. Um, nope. Forget it.

Disclaimer: I do not have anything against the name Angie, I just didn't want my daughter to be named that.

Phin'sMom 06-09-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle_M (Post 13112994)
I love the name Rebekah Lynn. So does my older sister.. so apparently it's a race, whoever has a girl first gets it... :giggle2:

As for DS3, I loved the name Caleb. DH not so much. I also love the biblical names Enoch and Boaz. And again.. DH nixed them. LOL

God bless!

I know two rebekah lynns and they are sisters-in-laws :)

Leanbh 06-09-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooah_momma (Post 13112981)
Gracie. DH said no. Now a bunch of people I know have Gracie's. But we made Grace DD's middle name at least.

If we ever had another girl and I could convince DH about the name Gracie and not worry about ticking people off, do you think it would be weird to name DD2 Gracie if it's DD1's middle name? I always think about that... :giggle:

We did that with DS2 and DS3. That's why you should never use a name you love as a middle name if you think you will have more kids, he-he.

Anyway, we finally figured that honestly, who even knows DS2 middle name except us! Nobody can remember.

I know someone else who did the same.

I love the name LOLA, but it doesn't go with my Irish boys names. Also love Willow, but ditto.

For boys I have a lot of very Irish names that DH's say's no as here in the US it's just too hard to pronounce, spell or just sounds odd, whereas it's common as muck in Ireland, so that's tough.

Vivhop98 06-09-2011 10:09 PM

Charlotte (DH aunt who was the "black sheep" of the family was named that). I liked it because DH's grandpa was charlie and we thought about using it for short.

Scarlett (everybody made fun of it).

smom050811 06-09-2011 10:10 PM

Lola is one of my favorites. I have 3 kiddos all with the initials SG. I had 3 choices for DD. Sadie, Sophie, or Sydnee. I like all of those, especially Sadie and Sophie. But, chose Sophie because I'm OCD and all my kids have the exact same amount of letters combined in their first and middle names. Yeah, I'm admitting I have a problem.... :blush: Also for a boy, DS 1 was almost Noah. Had that happened, DD would have been Natalie and YDS would be Nathan.... all names I love!

ETA Scarlett is beautiful. I think it would be a gorgeous name.

nakedbabytoes 06-09-2011 10:12 PM

Kale or Zeke or Tank for a boy(hubby said kids would make fun of all these)

Katie Rose for a girl. We had a boy, he was our last. Rose was my gma's middle name. I always wanted a "Katie-did" for a little girl.