Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   soaker pad for bumGenius? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12261)

Merolu 06-07-2006 03:39 AM

soaker pad for bumGenius?

i got a bumGenius in trade and I LOVE this thing, but I have only one and a soaker... is there a special soaker for these things? Is it something I can get easily? I know nothing, spam me with info! Just in case anyone has any they are interested in s/t, if they aren't too spendy I might be interested in one or two more. I have two boys, size large and I could trade a custom wool soaker/shorties. But I really need to know what else I can stuff them with that will be effective if there isn't a way to get more of the same pads as I have now. It's a white terry cloth-looking thing, pretty thick and has a couple of white snaps on it. TIA!
Mel

redheadedangels 06-07-2006 06:42 AM

Re: soaker pad for bumGenius?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merolu
i got a bumGenius in trade and I LOVE this thing, but I have only one and a soaker... is there a special soaker for these things? Is it something I can get easily? I know nothing, spam me with info! Just in case anyone has any they are interested in s/t, if they aren't too spendy I might be interested in one or two more. I have two boys, size large and I could trade a custom wool soaker/shorties. But I really need to know what else I can stuff them with that will be effective if there isn't a way to get more of the same pads as I have now. It's a white terry cloth-looking thing, pretty thick and has a couple of white snaps on it. TIA!
Mel

they come with a cotton babies insert for the pocket. You can buy them lots of places but cottonbabies website is www.cottonbabies.com . You can use any kind of insert in it really ~ just depends what setting you have it on. :)

MamaMel 06-07-2006 06:45 AM

Yup that is a cottonbabies. You can buy them on there as seconds(used) for $2 but I don't know how much shipping would be. PP right though you can use any insert though.

heather_c 06-07-2006 06:57 AM

If you check on the FSOT Insert board, there are often cottonbabies inserts (CB) for sale. FYI - the buy it new price is $3.65.

I have also bought them at www.abbyslane.com, www.emibeans.com and www.cottonbabies.com. Be sure to compare shipping prices as well.

EmmalinesMom 06-07-2006 07:26 AM

The cottonbabies inserts are probably my favorite microterry insert now that Catie is bigger. Their Hemp Weeds are really good too...very absorbant!

Kelolsen-and-Padawan 06-07-2006 08:19 AM

I use hemp inserts in my BGs. I'm saving the cotton babies inserts they came w/ for when he's in the large setting. I just don't like the way it fits for medium. I buy the "thin and trim" hemp inserts from www.fuzzibunzstore.com and I wrap t hem in a mf towel. I pair one of those inserts plus the thicker "more absorbant" (how its labled on the site) for night time.