Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   HOW do you go coverless??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227046)

NFPMommy6709 06-13-2011 08:23 PM

HOW do you go coverless???

I read about mommas having their kiddos go coverless when at home, and I just don't get it. :headscratch: How do you not get furniture and floors all wet each time they sit if they're wet? As in, if you don't notice right away? DD is crawl, sit, crawl, sit, pull up, crawl, pull up, sit...repeat. All day. How do you let them go coverless without ending up in a pee covered home? lol

AZmommy 06-13-2011 08:26 PM

Re: HOW do you go coverless???

Mine doesn't pee through her diapers unless eaither she has on a really thin something or I've neglected to change her for a long time. It takes just a second to feel if her bum is a bit damp and needs to be changed.

Deanna

CWHmama 06-13-2011 08:26 PM

I use a Sandy's fitted, sometimes with a liner, sometimes without. I check him all the time. I like the colored ones so I can see wetness too. When he goes, the outside will feel a little damp, but not wet. He's never had pee running down his leg or anything like that. He can go 1-2 hours like that.

angely_06 06-13-2011 08:30 PM

I usually add a pf or pad folded flat to a folded flat, so this doesn't happen (pee getting on the floor). Its easy to notice when a dipe is wet, and as soon as ds wets, I put a fresh one one. Ds is 23 mo, and doesn't go as often but when he goes, he goes. I haven't had trouble with furniture getting soaked. Obviously little ones can soak through one flat if they're heavy wetters, so that's why I add more absorbency.

ServingHim 06-13-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZmommy (Post 13140534)
Mine doesn't pee through her diapers unless eaither she has on a really thin something or I've neglected to change her for a long time. It takes just a second to feel if her bum is a bit damp and needs to be changed.

Deanna

This

Lydia'sMom 06-13-2011 08:34 PM

We usually only do coverless if we are discovering an allergic reaction to food via diaper rash (DS doesn't tolerate dairy well but likes to steal his big sister's sippies every few weeks). So in those instances he is usually in the-most-breathable-diaper-possible. Usually a pinned flat or prefold. In those instances he is usually confined to either my lap or the floor and I am checking his diaper every 15 mins or so. We'll do that for about a day or so and finish up with a baking soda bath and we're good to go the next day. If he needs another day coverless it's usually in fitteds and it's more of a situation like pp's said. Checking every little bit but usually changing every hour or two.

rachelanne820 06-13-2011 08:36 PM

I go coverless quite a bit but my DD is only 9 weeks old. I just put 2 prefolds down in what ever she is laying/sitting on and that catches any soak through.

Hopefully I can continue to go coverless as she grows. I think it really helps their skin.

Oh, and I use wool a lot, too. Next best thing to coverless!

bluedaisyma 06-13-2011 08:42 PM

my 12 mo old goes coverless all the time at night and a lot during the day, esp if it is hot. He wears a MEOS with a super thin flat inside. I never have had him get wet enough to get anything else wet. He usually checks in with me for a cuddle or nurse very frequently, so I can when he is the slightest bit wet.

kalibratx4 06-13-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZmommy (Post 13140534)

Deanna

:yeahthat:

negrapy 06-13-2011 09:09 PM

depends some on the baby too - for example three of my boys can super easily soak and/or pee straight through a motherease sandy or infant pf - the other son peed just a tiny bit every 15 mins it seemed like

but we do coverless, more with my walkers or if i'm holding the baby, not so much if they are going to be sitting of laying on something - and then i'm changing as soon as we have 1 pee