Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Joining! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227052)

BringMeTheStars 06-13-2011 08:38 PM

Joining!

Just "officially" found out two days ago. I have never been on a due dat forum but thought I would try it out this time seeing as how I will probably need support through this one. My dh is deployed. He just left to go back, from r&r.
any other military moms? anyone in ky or mn or fl?

i had a uc waterbirth with my last one, dd, who is 15mths and that is the plan this time! i also have a 4yr ds.

andyoly82 06-13-2011 08:43 PM

Welcome mama!!! I too am a military wife and know the hardships of being prego with DH overseas :( with DS we found out 2 weeks after DH left and due to PE I was induced at 35 and 5. The red crossed him and he got home 48 hours after DS was born. It's scary bring alone but just know you never really are!! We are here for you!!!! If you ever need support or someone to vent to pm me and I'll give you my number!!

BringMeTheStars 06-13-2011 08:45 PM

Re: Joining!

thx andyoly82 :)

JKLmama 06-13-2011 09:20 PM

Welcome mama... I am a military wife as well. sorry your DH is deployed :( been there done that but not being pregnant. I am currently in San Antonio with Andy hehe but we are thinking I will go stay with my mom after about my midway point because my body likes to go into preterm labor and my DH is in PA school now... sigh the things us military wives do.

BldrArch 06-14-2011 08:19 AM

Congrats mama!

Sorry about your husband being deployed. I just cannot imagine what you military mamas go through. I think there's a special place for you ladies!! But there seem to be quite a few military wifes on this board, actually.

Welcome!

vbacmommy 06-14-2011 10:05 AM

Welcome! I was a military wife. DH got out after 8 years and two tours almost 3 years ago. Wishing you the best!

BringMeTheStars 06-14-2011 03:06 PM

vbacmommy- do you enjoy the small age gap between your children? i am nervous with the new one and my dd, she will be a moth away from 2 when baby gets here and ds will be 2mths from 5. i like the gap with my dd and ds.

jelybean333 06-14-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BringMeTheStars (Post 13146509)
vbacmommy- do you enjoy the small age gap between your children? i am nervous with the new one and my dd, she will be a moth away from 2 when baby gets here and ds will be 2mths from 5. i like the gap with my dd and ds.

My DS and DD are less then 2 years apart. I :wub: it. They are soo close. My DS used to talk for DD. He sometime even translates for grandma when she gets rambling.

My DS is 5 and DD is 3.:goodvibes:

and Congrats!

jeddings 06-15-2011 06:46 AM

Welcome and congrats! I'm a military wife/Vet.
My last pregnancy with my DD I was in the exact same shoes as you. DH came home for R&R and I got pregnant in those 2 weeks by an opps (pull out method) I found out I was pregnant after he had already left. Waited an entire week for him to call me from Iraq so I could give him the news. Thankfully he made it home in my last trimester and was there for the birth. Gotta love our R&R baby. It was rough him being gone for most of the pregnancy and then when he did get back in the last part of the pregnancy it was me having to take care of him with the migranes he gets. Hope we can be some supprot for you.

heavenlyblessedmom 06-15-2011 06:54 AM

Welcome!!! I'm planning my first UC!