Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Which flushable liners for non-CD safe rash cream? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227177)

kateroc 06-14-2011 07:02 AM

Which flushable liners for non-CD safe rash cream?

I've been battling a rash on DS's bum now for several weeks and the only thing that seems to keep it at bay is Balmex. I'm tired of putting him in sposies so I can use the Balmex and I just can't do fleece liners (I've tried, I'm just too lazy to do the separate load of laundry). Last night, I tried doubling up our Bumkins flushable liners hoping that would keep the cream off the dipe, but it didn't. Are there other flushable liners that would do a better job? TIA!

rkw 06-14-2011 07:50 AM

Re: Which flushable liners for non-CD safe rash cream?

What kind of diapers are you using? I normally use bgos 3.0 and bg organics with aplix. I found out when we have rash issues due to teething or acidic #2 that if we use prefolds, covers, and fleece liners with non-cd friendly diaper cream that it comes out of the prefolds. It also comes out of flats as well. I just use padfolded recieving blankets.

kateroc 06-14-2011 07:54 AM

Sigh... yeah, I've heard that I could use prefolds and be okay, but we only have pockets/aios plus fitteds for night (but they have fleece inners). I'm probably not going to get into prefolds just for this reason (again, I'm lazy!)

4lilMonkies 06-14-2011 09:01 AM

I have OsoCozy flushable liners on my site and though I haven't used them (yet) they are big enough to fold and double to create an extra layer so nothing will soak through.

kmleo07 06-14-2011 09:50 AM

What about using the GroVia biosoakers with a cover. That way you can use the balmex with out having to worry about a flushable liner. They are a great option for when you have to use non cd safe diaper cream. I have plenty in stock b/c of the Gro-To-Go summer kit promotion that they are running right now.

sixteen 06-30-2011 12:04 PM

Funny you should pose this question! I was just dealing with this problem yesterday. We use Kushies liners, they are thicker than most, nice and long too. When I put on a lot of rash cream (like at night), I use two liners. Hasn't stained yet. Hope this helps.

kateroc 06-30-2011 12:08 PM

What timing! I just tried doubling up the Kushies liners last night and it worked -- so glad to have a solution that doesn't involve sposies!

sixteen 06-30-2011 12:09 PM

yes, me too! :)