Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Baby balled up on my left side and hip pain?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227348)

HLCreations 06-14-2011 12:03 PM

Baby balled up on my left side and hip pain?!

:dunno:

Anyone else have this? I would call my Dr to ask them first, but everytime I bring up a pain/ache or concern I ALWAYS get "This is your 4th baby. Things are stretched and worn out. You're bound to feel new things that hurt." :banghead:

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm about 33 weeks....

I feel like if I could get him to move away from my left side that my hip/buttock pain would go away. Or at lease ease up a bit (I'm having a hard time walking today because of it). :cry:

Advice on how to get him out of his favorite spot?!

ETA: The pain is on the left side as well...which is why I think it's from him being cozy over there!

jensea98 06-14-2011 12:22 PM

Re: Baby balled up on my left side and hip pain?!

No advice here but just want to say I am with you My baby is all on the right side and my right hip is killing me. The baby has bee there for months despite stretching and chiro care. It does seem to move more to the left but I think that is just do to size. Good luck I will be checking back to see if anyone has some great advice!

nannabean 06-14-2011 04:20 PM

Mine is on my right. I just keep pushing her down with my hand as temporary relief. I wish I had more for you.

mapleleaf88 06-14-2011 04:29 PM

I have the same experience as the PP, baby's all on the right (my OB said something about your uterus tilting to the right, so right-side pain is the most common). I was referred to a Physical Therapist who specializes in prenatal aches and pains. I haven't seen him yet, so until then I find that getting on my hands and knees provides relief, and giving the baby slow gentle pushes with the heel of my hand to nudge him over works temporarily.
Walking anywhere for more than 3 or 4 minutes causes crazy pains in my right hip.

Just2fornow 06-14-2011 08:10 PM

I had that happen right before DS was born. I thought I was going to have to curl up in the corner and just cry :hugs: Is there anything on spinningbabies.com that might help get him to shift a little?? Good luck mama

HLCreations 06-15-2011 09:44 AM

I've tried the getting on my hands, knees and rocking position and the general 'pushing' him away, he moves a bit, but generally comes back.

Yesterday was the absolute worst! But I did wake up today with more movements towards my right and not as much pain on my left hip.

I'll just have to keep trying to shove him away when I can. :) Thanks mamas!