Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Testing the WAHM Waters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Making and Selling diapers! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227533)

sondramama 06-14-2011 04:40 PM

Making and Selling diapers!

My husband just got me a sewing machine! I have wanted a machine for YEARS! I have wanted to make diapers, nursing pads, etc ... This came as a shock to me so I didn't research on how to sell items. But since I am a SAHM, I would love to upgrade to WAHM!! How do I go about this? Do I have to have something special to sell diapers like, on etsy or HC?
Any other tips or tricks or websites would be helpful! =] Yes, I can google search but we all know how that goes :banghead:

justineybean 06-14-2011 04:42 PM

Re: Making and Selling diapers!

Ah what a great gift!! :) I don't sell anything I make. I love to sew but I don't think I make anything that is professional, sellable quality... if you want to be a WAHM, my first question would be how skilled are you with a sewing machine?

sondramama 06-14-2011 04:52 PM

I am very skilled (I feel as if I am!). I have been sewing since age 7. I just haven't had a machine in a few years and never had the funds to get a new one. I used to make my own clothes all the time. Although, I have never sewn a diaper before. I'm sure that after a few months, I would feel comfortable selling. But nothing expensive.

4littlenorskes 06-14-2011 05:28 PM

Go to your user cp and click on 'group memberships' and the list of groups will be there and the WAHM group is towards the bottom and just click 'join group' and follow any instructions they have for you...good luck and how exciting!!! :thumbsup:

Growing Baby Green 06-14-2011 06:27 PM

I second the wahm group! Also, the craft chat group has tons of threads on sewing diapers, materials, etc....

Good luck!!

Growing Baby Green 06-14-2011 06:27 PM

I second the wahm group! Also, the craft chat group has tons of threads on sewing diapers, materials, etc....

Good luck!!

KimA 06-14-2011 06:52 PM

If you can sew your own clothes you can sew diapers for sure. There might be a little learning curve but I have no doubt that you will be great at it. :)
I would think of a name for your business, goggle it to make sure that no one else has it or anything similar. Get a business license with the state that you live in. I would also set up an fb page for your business, it's a great advertising tool!
Good luck to you mama, how exciting!

sondramama 06-14-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimA (Post 13148138)
If you can sew your own clothes you can sew diapers for sure. There might be a little learning curve but I have no doubt that you will be great at it. :)
I would think of a name for your business, goggle it to make sure that no one else has it or anything similar. Get a business license with the state that you live in. I would also set up an fb page for your business, it's a great advertising tool!
Good luck to you mama, how exciting!

Okay that! The Business Licence. I'll have to google for more info but I'm totally going to check into that =]
I have been trying to find a name for a business for a while now. LOL. I think my husband knew I wanted to do this so bad and thats why he was on a hunt for a sewing machine! =]

PS: I will totally join the WAHM group! =]

KimA 06-14-2011 08:04 PM

Gotta give the hubby a big pat on the back for that! :)
I just googles "how do I get a business license in the state of (insert your state)?"

candicepincin 06-15-2011 04:52 AM

how aweusm was your hubby!!:D