Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What's your wipe solution? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227627)

iheartcruise912 06-14-2011 08:34 PM

What's your wipe solution?

I made my first cloth wipes today. Probably close to 100 out of scrap flannel I had left over. :yay:
So now what do I put them in? I've heard of either putting them IN the solution in a wipe tub, or not wetting them until time of use with a squirt bottle.
What do you do?

And what's your solution recipe?

Edited to add this question: If you use a spray bottle - do you spray the wipe or the baby's bottom? May be a silly question lol..

Thanks!!

momma2Mimi07 06-14-2011 08:35 PM

Re: What's your wipe solution?

I honestly just use plain ol water most of the time, sometimes with a drop or 2 of baby wash :)

KimA 06-14-2011 08:38 PM

I use warm water for pee diaper changes and the Thirsties Booty Luster for poo diaper changes. I love that stuff, it's so fresh smelling!

Stefibeth 06-14-2011 08:38 PM

I put a good squirt of unscented Dr. Bronner's in a spray bottle and fill it up with water. Works for us!

ServingHim 06-14-2011 08:39 PM

We just use water here.

badmisterkitty 06-14-2011 08:45 PM

A squirt of dr bronners into the wipe tub, slosh it around in a bit of water, cram as many unfolded wipes in as I can. Leave upside down on the changing table u ntil first use. Perfectly moist wipes every single time.

mekat 06-14-2011 08:48 PM

Water, anything else causes a diaper rash.

rleash 06-14-2011 08:49 PM

This is something I really played around with because DS kept getting rashes. I started with water + a drop of Kissa's diaper lotion potion concentrate. I feel like that stuff didn't do much. I tried adding a dash of witch hazel, which helped a little. Then I tried Thirsties booty luster, and wow... That stuff works AWESOME! I just use it with 2 or 3 of his changes per day, and his butt is perfect :)

Oh, and I like the pre-moistened version, in the wipe warmer. I just like them ready to go when I'm holding his legs in the air, keeping the poop off the changing table as much as possible :)

LittleThingsMama638 06-14-2011 08:56 PM

I used to do a spray bottle of water, and dry wipes but it just wasn't working for us. So now I use a sposie wipes container, and fill it with wipes and mix up 3 cups of water, 1 squirt baby soap, and 1 drop of tea tree oil. Works so much better to have them pre-wet.

suzboo 06-14-2011 09:00 PM

I made a batch of wipes the other day as well. Loving them and don't miss the sposie wipes at all!

Right now I'm using a mixture of water with a small squirt of Dr. Bronner and a few drops of almond oil. I spray and use the wipes dry. However, I'm thinking I might use a container at home and keep the spray strictly for going out.

Also I have to admit that the other day when she had a blowout I ended up just washing her bottom in the sink. LOL.