Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Against my better judgment, I return to Tide and regret it. :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1228637)

BreakDanzer 06-16-2011 03:33 PM

Against my better judgment, I return to Tide and regret it. :(

I weaned myself off of my Tide addiction a few months ago. I switched over to Rockin Green and have loved it. My DH, not so much. He misses the scent of Tide. :rolleyesout:

So I let him talk me into buying some Tide at Sam's Club. One wash of DD's diapers, with the bare minimum of detergent, and FOUR rinses, the scent is over-powering me. Those diapers are now sitting in my washer, soaking in Dawn for a good stripping. Do y'all think one good stripping will be enough to rid the diapers of the Tide?

I still have no idea what the hell I was thinking.... :blush:

mamahen 06-16-2011 03:58 PM

Re: Against my better judgment, I return to Tide and regret it. :(

could you keep using the RnG but get it in unscented and just add a tiny bit of tide for the scent??

KimA 06-16-2011 04:12 PM

Tide is nasty stuff isn't it. Any amount can leave build up on your diapers. It's also full of chemicals including the scent that pollute our environment. The build up from it will also expose your child to some of the same chemicals that disposables have in them.
If you use the RNG it will pull all that Tide gunk out, may take a few washes though.

*MamaStacy* 06-16-2011 04:31 PM

I love Tide. But that being said, Tide and RnG do NOT mix. There are a bunch of threads on here about people switching from 1 to the other and not getting very good results. It took me a good 1/2 dozen washes in Tide to fix what RnG did to our dipes. I don't think Tide is awful, but its the ONLY thing that works on our diapers. Its either Tide or no CD in this house.

Mommax2in2006 06-16-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *MamaStacy* (Post 13162572)
I love Tide. But that being said, Tide and RnG do NOT mix. There are a bunch of threads on here about people switching from 1 to the other and not getting very good results. It took me a good 1/2 dozen washes in Tide to fix what RnG did to our dipes. I don't think Tide is awful, but its the ONLY thing that works on our diapers. Its either Tide or no CD in this house.

:thumbsup: yep us too~

Khaag55 06-16-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *MamaStacy*

Yup, same here!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

NewCDerInCO 06-16-2011 04:42 PM

AND- Rumparooz customer service, for one, recommends tide as their 1st choice detergent... and does NOT recommend RnG AT ALL....says if you use RnG and have elastic or delamination issues, they will not replace your diapers.

Stefibeth 06-16-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewCDerInCO (Post 13162666)
AND- Rumparooz customer service, for one, recommends tide as their 1st choice detergent... and does NOT recommend RnG AT ALL....says if you use RnG and have elastic or delamination issues, they will not replace your diapers.

Wow! I didn't realize this!

Not that I have Rumps or use RnG, but still, crazy!

BreakDanzer 06-16-2011 04:52 PM

It's funny all the different advice we get. The first year I was absolutely sure my Tide was IT. And no one could tell me differently! Then the little eco-warrior in me started asserting it's conscience, so I made the switch to RNG. :mrgreen:

If I have learned anything it's use what works for YOU. Tide worked well for us. I love RNG because of their "green" content and customer service, but I have had ammonia problems now twice. I don't think it is the detergents fault any more, it's: 1) my water; and 2) my needing to adjust to either more or less detergent.

Now I just have to endure the eye-rolling of DH who is now irritated he is losing his Tide all over again. :giggle2:

nonipie 06-16-2011 05:00 PM

Well rinse, rinse, rinse.That said I would not discount that RnG was the cause of the ammonia since SO many other people (myself included) have had the same problems. There are lots of other options that work besides Tide or RnG. There is a middle ground. If it's not working then who cares how "green" it is KWIM? Have you tried Country Save or Vaska?