Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   charlie banana? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229005)

beachbabies0527 06-17-2011 08:09 AM

charlie banana?

Anyone try Charlie banana diapers? What are your thoughts??

lilluciana 06-17-2011 08:46 AM

Re: charlie banana?

I have them and I really like them alot, they are pretty much my go to diaper. They are very well made and with 2 inserts they work great for night. I have had Fuzzi Bunz and I think these are a better diaper. Around the house my girl goes coverless in her fitteds but I always grab a Charlie when we head out to do errands or ball games.

BBBmOm 06-17-2011 09:05 AM

They are a great diaper, but there are a few things I really dislike. First, a front pocket, didn't bother me as much with DD, but with DS...eww. Second, the pocket is super narrow. I have tiny hands and it's a squeeze for me, I can't see how it can be double stuffed. I do like the numbered elastic adjustments, but again hate that their in front...it never stays and leaves marks on DS. I love the cute prints, and they never leak. But I definantly have other favorites :)

lilluciana 06-17-2011 09:10 AM

I can see how the front stuffing pocket would be more bothersome with boys! I have the sized diapers, I think the larges are wider in the crotch area so easier to stuff and no elastic adjusters.

BBBmOm 06-17-2011 09:15 AM

I guess I forgot to specify :) I have 3 of the one-size.

mamahen 06-17-2011 09:33 AM

I have 2 of the OS and I like them fine. Im not going to buy a whole stash though. I like the front opening, the PUL seems super sturdy and the fleece is nice. The crotch is narrow, making it harder to stuff especially since I use flats. I Couldn't double stuff it thats for sure. I haven't had any problems with the leg adjustments, I actually forget how they worked. I like them better than FBOS but I like other OS diapers better. I just wanted the construction print! :)

jldwren 06-17-2011 12:28 PM

LOVE Charlie Banana, as does my DH. I have a DS and the front pocket really doesn't bother me. I prefer it to the back for the blowouts. I have mostly sized, and they are larger and easier to stuff than the OS. The OS are definitely trimmer though. If I buy more (and I'm considering it) I'll probably be buying the sized despite the trimness issue.

eolds85 06-17-2011 12:46 PM

I definitely like them better than our Fuzzibunz - the overall fit for the OS just seems better.

beachbabies0527 06-29-2011 03:59 PM

I'm about to order two six packs. Should I buy small or one size. I have average size babies. 7 lbs my daughter is 25lbs at two years. Are they trim enough to wear under most clothing?

rescueremedies 06-29-2011 04:44 PM

I really like them too. We have only tried the sized larges, but I am tempted to grab a one size to try. I don't like rise snaps, but maybe I would like an inner adjustment like that.