Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Any recs for a pail liner? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12292)

Psychomom 06-07-2006 07:29 AM

Any recs for a pail liner?

I need a 2nd pail liner. The one I have is an XL Bummis tote and it works okay in my 13 gallon pail, but it's not all that great. Not worth $20, anyway. What can you recommend? I don't need any special closures (in fact, the drawstring on my Bummis came out and it's fine that way) or anything, just something that'll do it's job, and preferably under $20.

Watercolor Ponies 06-07-2006 08:15 AM

Re: Any recs for a pail liner?

:popcorn:

stacim 06-07-2006 08:27 AM

:popcorn:

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomer
The one I have is an XL Bummis tote and it works okay in my 13 gallon pail, but it's not all that great. Not worth $20, anyway.

What's been you issue with the Bummis? I have a few in small and xl and haven't been thrilled with them either. I bought mine used and have been wondering if they were poorly cared for, or if they aren't that great bought new either.

FitMommyOf2 06-07-2006 08:30 AM

Do you have a Walmart around? If so, in the camping section they sell wet bags; smaller than the XL bummis (it doesn't fit exactly into my 13 gallon pail, the string doesn't fit all around the edge, but it still works great).
I think each was like 3$ or something. I never had any probs with them.

HTH!:)

My2punkins 06-07-2006 08:37 AM

we love our Snapez ones. we switch between 2 of them and after 4 mos of use they really look brand new :thumbsup:

Psychomom 06-07-2006 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stacim
What's been you issue with the Bummis? I have a few in small and xl and haven't been thrilled with them either. I bought mine used and have been wondering if they were poorly cared for, or if they aren't that great bought new either.

Mostly that wetness wicks through, which really isn't a big deal in my pail (I mean, it doesn't leave puddles or anything), but I can imagine it would be a pain if used as a wetbag. And that it seems to hold odor in.

runningdiva 06-07-2006 10:25 AM

I have 2 Happy Tushies that I LOVE! I don't know if the size you are looking for is under $20 but they are so cute (she has GREAT prints) and it is really, really well made.

www.happytushies.com

raceNzanesmom 06-07-2006 11:22 AM

I have a Bummis XL and a Walmart one. The $4 WM works as well as the Bummis- just slightly smaller. It holds a full load though so no biggie. I use a medium flip top can for a pail and the WM one works fine. I'd LOVE a Snap-EZ liner!!! But, Ruth wasn't in biz when I bought mine, and two really is enough.