Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So does BF poop stain or not??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12302)

momof4 06-07-2006 08:59 AM

So does BF poop stain or not???

I THINK I'm ready to start CD'ing when baby comes (send lots of labor dust my way, PLEEEEEEASE), but am not sure whether I should buy some liners to protect my pockets from getting stained. Some people say it all washes away without a problem, and in other places, I see pictures of dipes stained with BF poop. Anyone have a clue? Is it certain kinds of laundry soap? How frequently you wash them? Whether they're rinsed first? What has been your experience?

MamaMel 06-07-2006 09:02 AM

Re: So does BF poop stain or not???

Mine have had very little stains and when they do get stains the sunh takes care of them. No need to use liners.

MammaGehl 06-07-2006 09:07 AM

Yes, some of my dipes have stained. My Kissaluv, bumkins, and Motherease are the three that I can think of. I have tried sunning some of them with good (but not total) success, although I have not used lemon juice yet. We use All F&C, and wash every day/every other day. The stains don't bother me so I have not been too aggressive getting them out yet...

Congrats on your little one! (and all you not as little ones too!!)

Raquelita 06-07-2006 09:18 AM

It does stain. On clothes too. I use Oxyclean spray on the clothes and that gets it out (i don't use that on my diapers). The sun bleaches the stains out of my prefolds, and i've alwas used fleece liners on my kissauvs so they're not stained.

zonapellucida 06-07-2006 09:20 AM

I am having stellar luck wiht BF poop sunning out!!!! I also risne, wash a full cycle and rinse again --lots of water but I have few stains that don't stand up to the sun when I am done.

FitMommyOf2 06-07-2006 09:27 AM

We had staining the first weeks DS was EBF. I wish I'd have known about liners already back then; especially the first days w/meconium poo were horrible and I wasn't able to sun them out at all! :cry:

aimee 06-07-2006 09:34 AM

All of my diapers that had stains on them I just sunned them out. I just make sure I don't put any of the in the dryer until they have been sunned.

blondeviolin 06-07-2006 11:21 AM

Any diapers we've had that have had stains have been the ATD AIOs that she wore when she had that transitional, half meconium half breastfed poo. It sunned out just fine. Just make sure before you dry it in the dryer that you put it out in the sun, and voila! :goodvibes:

ChurchPunkMom 06-07-2006 11:26 AM

I've had stains. I use oxyclean spray on my diapers (no problem!). I rinse them in the toilet as much as I can, srap with Oxy, and do a cold prerinse when I wash - then I have no stains! If I get enough off in the toilet, I don't have to spray. Sun can work wonders on getting them out. Also, I've noticed that even without all that after it's been washed 2 or 3 more times (without being pooped on again) it comes out.

Fleece does not stain nearly as much. All you should need to do is give it a good rinse in the toilet before putting in the bucket and make sure you do a cold pre-rinse!

bamamom 06-07-2006 11:37 AM

we have never had an issue with breastmilk poop...we rinse them out (newborn dipes) in the sink and then spray them with oxyspray...and wash in baby all or baby purex. that's it!