Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Anyone live near Puyallup? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1230486)

swedishmaiden 06-20-2011 09:00 AM

Anyone live near Puyallup?

This is just a curiosity question for now, since DH just has a possible interview, but I'm wondering if any of you mamas are from the Puyallup area. How heavily city is that area? We'd like to get a place with some acreage if possible, at least a very large yard, in a more rural area. Can you get anywhere like that within 30 minutes drive of Puyallup? Possibly 45 min if necessary.

Thanks!

devynstarr 06-20-2011 10:53 AM

Re: Anyone live near Puyallup?

yes! i work in puyallup and grew up there. we had a few acres where i grew up and there are lots of places with acreage. it's an old farming community, not city-ish at all. very suburby, the downtown puyallup area is super cute and up on the hill there are lots of places with property. you shouldn't have any trouble finding something.

m&m&m 06-21-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devynstarr (Post 13186870)
yes! i work in puyallup and grew up there. we had a few acres where i grew up and there are lots of places with acreage. it's an old farming community, not city-ish at all. very suburby, the downtown puyallup area is super cute and up on the hill there are lots of places with property. you shouldn't have any trouble finding something.

Used to live in the area as well, and totally agree with pp.

MommaPierce 06-21-2011 06:04 PM

We live in Puyallup.... in the South Hill area though. There is not much acreage here, kind of house farmish imo. I would definitely say try to stay away from Meridian, traffic is ridiculous. Live far enough away so you don't have to drive on it to get home, but close enough to be able to appreciate the convenience. I'd definitely say closer to downtown is better, and you might be able to get a nice place near the river (which will flood occasionally, so not toooo close, lol!) with some land. LMK if you have any questions!

GooseBugsMom 07-06-2011 10:59 PM

We live in Edgewood which is on the North hill of Puyallup. There is lots of space up here & it has fairly easy access to pretty much everything. I grew up here and love this area! Depending on where the job is, you might also consider Sumner or Bonney Lake. They have some really nice areas too.

stevensmom 07-06-2011 11:01 PM

I have relatives that live in Sumner.

That area is very pretty and not city-ish at all

holl_ie 07-06-2011 11:03 PM

Graham and Orting are near Puyallup and have more acreage.We live in Yelm(about 45 minutes away) and love it.It is a nice,friendly small town with lots of farms.

shimsheree 08-15-2011 11:36 PM

I grew up in Puyallup and live here again after going to college, and I agree with everyone who posted already. Avoid Meridian on South Hill and you'll be able to find some land. There are so many great areas here with land and you also can have a beautiful view of Mt. Rainier. :) Be careful if you buy a place in the valley, because of flooding and just in case of the mountain erupting. That's probably not going to happen in our lifetime, but IF it did, it's supposed to go in this valley. We live on South Hill on a quarter acre and have chickens. :) It's a great place to live.

NotLad 08-15-2011 11:46 PM

This is a little ot...but the Puyallup Vikings are my sworn enemy! (i graduated from curtis!) :)

shimsheree 08-15-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotLad (Post 13567577)
This is a little ot...but the Puyallup Vikings are my sworn enemy! (i graduated from curtis!) :)

Noooo! lol. :) I know, I'm a Viking and I live closer to my sworn enemy, the Roger Rams, and it's still hard for me to see people wearing those jackets. Why is that?? lol. If I wasn't going to homeschool my kids, then they would go to Rogers, but I really don't think there's any way I could let that happen. It would just feel so wrong. :p