Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Milk Donor ??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1231244)

aumismommy 06-21-2011 11:48 AM

Milk Donor ???

Where are the links for milk donors. I have a friend who is raising her granddaughter and has been giving goats milk with little success to this sweet 4 mo. I asked her if I got her the info if she would be interested and she said yes :)

ayer79 06-21-2011 12:19 PM

Re: Milk Donor ???

I am a nursing mom and have tons of extra milk this time around. I would love to help you out, but I''m not sure how to ship it. I've nursed my kids for at least a year each and am on number 4, and have lots of extra stored. Let me know if you can think of a way and I could help you out. Good luck!

blushingmommy 06-21-2011 12:22 PM

Plain goats milk??? That is so dangerous for the baby! There is info out there to make your own formula based on goats milk, or meat sources. Milk banks sell primary to preemies. As for finding a private seller I had some luck googling and found onlythebreast.com they are milk classifieds.

VeganCupcake 06-21-2011 01:19 PM

Milkshare.com is a forum divided by geographical area so she may be able to find a local donor. Shipping is expensive and spoilage is possible during the process. Milkshare has information about safely and effectively shipping milk.

She can also see if there's an Eats on Feets Facebook group for her area. I donate locally through EoF.

redhairboy 06-21-2011 02:19 PM

human milk for milk on facebook. They have set up one in each state.

aumismommy 06-21-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayer79
I am a nursing mom and have tons of extra milk this time around. I would love to help you out, but I''m not sure how to ship it. I've nursed my kids for at least a year each and am on number 4, and have lots of extra stored. Let me know if you can think of a way and I could help you out. Good luck!

Where would you be shipping from? You could pm me so it's private :)

aumismommy 06-21-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blushingmommy
Plain goats milk??? That is so dangerous for the baby! There is info out there to make your own formula based on goats milk, or meat sources. Milk banks sell primary to preemies. As for finding a private seller I had some luck googling and found onlythebreast.com they are milk classifieds.

I know! I had no idea that's what they were doing til today. I'm kinda scrambling to help her figure this out.

KandFsMomma 06-21-2011 04:20 PM

Eats on Feets facebook group.
If she was in OR I'd help her out, but I already have a milk baby and shipping is not easy for me!

Good Luck! Thanks for helping that little baby!!!!

Tippytoe 06-21-2011 06:54 PM

Why would she be giving goats milk over formula? I have never heard of someone in this age feeding a newborn goats milk. Is that common? Poor baby. I hope you can find some breast milk for her.

Truckerswife 06-21-2011 07:13 PM

i know someone who's baby couldn't do any kind of formulahe was covered head to toe in a horrible rash and spitting and fussy than she got a goat and started him on fresh goats milk when he was about 2-3 months old
and within a few weeks he was a different baby no rash or spitting up he started growing better and now is a very happy healthy 2 year old