Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   For those who make their own wipes solution... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12324)

Noortje 06-07-2006 08:51 AM

For those who make their own wipes solution...

For those of you ladies who pre-wet the wipes that they'll be using in a day or two... how much solution goes in a wipes container with how many wipes?
Obviously, you don't want any dry wipes but you don't want them to be dripping wet either.

Also, since the solution has mostly some sort of essential oils in it, do you worry about the wipes sitting in the same diaper pail as your pockets or being washed in the same load of laundry? Should I be worried about the oils making the pocket fleece repel?

Thanks.

Sarah0903 06-07-2006 08:53 AM

Re: For those who make their own wipes solution...

Well, for my "solution" I just use the Johnson's and Sohnson's head to toe lavender wash (about 3-4 drops) and about 1/2 cup of water for about 5-6 wipies. They are a little wet and I do sometimes have to wring, but it is great when there is the stuck on poo.

FitMommyOf2 06-07-2006 08:55 AM

Hey Noor,
I just started putting a few wipes into a container w/solution (after my squirt bottle gave up on me LOL) and I use 2 cups of water w/either 1 cube of Baby Bits or with my own mix: 1 Tbsp Baby wash, 1Tbsp Baby oil.

I put about 10 wipes into the container and once they're gone, I add more as there's still solution in the container. After 3 days I make a new batch though.

As to the wipes being thrown into the same pail w/dipes; I never had any repelling prob.

HTH!

Noortje 06-07-2006 08:59 AM

Thank you!

Last night I made some solution... I used 2 cups of warm water, a few drops of lily oil, a few drops of TTO and a squirt of baby wash.
It smells like there is a ton of TTO in it, but I guess that's because it's so strong. I don't know if I like it yet....

I heard the Dixie drops are good. I might give them a try.

lilmama2dsndd 06-07-2006 09:03 AM

I use an old huggies wipes container to hold my wipes, I fill it 1/2 w/ hot water, 2 squirts of Johnson & Johnson soft baby wash and 2 squirts of store brand baby oil, throw in some wipes and wring them as needed. Usually there is some solution left in the container so I just throw in some more wipes. I make solution about every third day. I want to get some TTO becuase of its antifungal qualities (DD is really prone to yeast infections) but I haven't found any yet.

Noortje 06-07-2006 09:18 AM

Amanda, I bought my TTO at Whole Foods. It's really good quality too. But I hear you can get them cheaper too at places like Walmart. Haven't looked there yet though.

Noortje 06-07-2006 09:20 AM

Just a general note... I don't want to use regular baby oil, shampoo or wash because to me, the whole reason I use cloth wipes on him now (I used to love the Pampers Sensitive wipes :giggle: ) is because I want to escape the chemicals, but don't regular baby oils and baby shampoos (like Johnson & Johnson) have chemicals in them?
That's why at this point, I stick with oils, water and organic baby wash (Avalon Organics Baby).

What do you think about this ladies?

Thanks!

mamabear 06-07-2006 01:45 PM

I use Dr. Bronners baby soap on the kids in the shower. I'm thinking of using that and adding a few drops of TTO, though I think I"ve heard that plain water and TTO is sufficient, too.