Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   night time diaper options (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233764)

sjberreth 06-25-2011 02:39 PM

night time diaper options

So I've been reading a lot and it sounds to me that a LOT of people have issues with leaks at night. I was thinking about buying some doublers or inserts to go with the prefolds, flats and pockets I have, but im not sure what I should get or if I will even really need them for sure. Thoughts? Does everyone have problems or just people with heavy wetters? I also don't want to go with wool as I am positive my husband will do something to it by accident.

onegratefulmama 06-25-2011 03:46 PM

I use hemp babies doubler (large) in my prefold with a fleece liner and a disana wool soaker.I've been experimenting with some osocozy doublers (made out of prefolds) and that's worked well too. My 8 month old nurses all night but does not seem to be a super soaker. I think the wool is what helps it's really easy I just hang on the changing table to air out until night time. Hth!

nonipie 06-25-2011 04:47 PM

Re: night time diaper options

I would get some Hemp Babies doublers and/or Flip organic inserts. I really think once you find the right combo it's very easy. It took us a while to get the right combo with DS but we have never had an issue with DD. There are wool wraps that are very easy to take care of. We use Imse Vimse wool which is machine washable. So even if it accidentally made it's way into the pail, it would not be ruined.

vittoriosmom 06-25-2011 04:49 PM

I used 2 flip organic inserts at a time and never had a leak with them...

Mum2Gaby&Emersyn 06-25-2011 04:51 PM

I have a heavy wetter and right now am loving flats and fleece covers.. I add a hemp or bamboo booster and it seems to do the trick

thermophile 06-26-2011 01:49 PM

I haven't had any leaks since I switched to wool and fleece for night. We started using wool (recycled sweaters into soakers) when ds was 3 months and wearing small pf. When ds started waking up really wet, I switched him to mediums at night and then around 7 months had to add a nb pf as a doubler. It's bulky and would probably be trimmer with a bamboo or hemp doubler but the bulk doesn't seem to bother ds and it's just easier for me. If you're worried about your dh doing something to wool, I really like my fleece and it's pretty close to indestructible.

Kenner82 06-26-2011 02:12 PM

I say wait until it's broke before you try to fix it. If your baby isn't having any leak problems, then don't worry about it :) Every baby is different, so odds are that you'll spend a lot of money on extra inserts and doublers and never need them. Just wait and see!

gabrielsmommy10 06-26-2011 04:10 PM

i say wait and see if you will even need them. if so then buy bamboo or hemp. wool would be a good idea also.

JorieBean 06-26-2011 06:25 PM

I had BG pockets and an off brand, I just used doublers, the BG inserts. Never had leaks.

I just switched to AIO's(BG and Grovia). I am interested to see if they have the same results...especially since I bought them for night diapers...LOL.

BuggaBuggaBoutique 06-26-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenner82 (Post 13233139)
I say wait until it's broke before you try to fix it. If your baby isn't having any leak problems, then don't worry about it :) Every baby is different, so odds are that you'll spend a lot of money on extra inserts and doublers and never need them. Just wait and see!

:yeahthat: