Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Need a natural night solution please help! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1234786)

Hopetobe 06-27-2011 02:32 PM

Need a natural night solution please help!

So we've been using Best Bottoms AI2 system at night (hemp cotton snapped onto MF night insert). My DS is 5 months old now and we really need a better, more breathable, less rigid night solution. We have to change him once during the night (he screams because he has to wake up fully & doesn't get to eat right away, I'm guessing), and we have had leaks (Best Bottoms are great for a PUL AI2, it's probably because we are using size large insert with Medium setting). After reading all the great posts on DS, I'm falling in love with the idea of wool over an all natural fitted! There are just so many options, so please help me choose. I'd like a comfy all night solution - your favorite wool cover paired with organic cotton, hemp, and/or bamboo fited (and good doublers if needed). I think he's a heavy wetter. Thoughts so far are Disana pull on and for fitted - SBish, Growing Greens, kiwi pie bamboo, tots bots stretch bamboozle, and maybe ME's. Thanks so much!

bigmamakelsey 06-27-2011 02:37 PM

Re: Need a natural night solution please help!

Sbish all the way - the OBF fitteds and the wool soakers :goodvibes:

Hopetobe 06-27-2011 02:41 PM

Thanks, Many seem to like SBish, but some complain of shrinkage so I wasn't sure.

Hopetobe 06-27-2011 02:47 PM

Oh, and I was thinking about Under the Nile fitteds from GMD, but I usually prefer snaps.

nonipie 06-27-2011 03:00 PM

We don't do fitteds for night but we use Flip organic cotton insert with either an Imse Vimse wool cover or a Nikky cover. The Imse Vimse is wonderful and never leaks. The Nikky wins just a bit because it also never leaves red marks.

frimousse 06-27-2011 06:18 PM

sbish soaker will work even with cotton pjs over top. We use Holden's landing bed bugs or the GAD semi-fitteds underneath with a prefold and a joey bunz insert. I like fleece at night next to skin so we don't have to change dd when she is wet. Once they don't have a poop anymore at night I like to let them sleep!

Hopetobe 06-27-2011 08:53 PM

Thanks, any other wool and/or natural fitted loves out there for night time heavy wetters?

buttershot 06-27-2011 10:22 PM

I absolutely adore my Disana cover :) my Woolybottoms hybrid would be my second choice for wool. For a fitted I really like sbish, but over time it does seem to shrink a little. My second choice isn't a fitted, but an organic prefold with a RagaBabe insert, a sbish doubler or a smaller prefold trifolded and laid inside of it. I have a super heavy wetter and any of those combos are bulletproof for us :) I love how breathable wool is, he wakes up and his butt isn't red or irritated like it is when we tried using stay dry at night. Good luck!!!

littleleaf 06-28-2011 10:15 AM

We did cloth at night for a little while, quit, and now have come back to it. My DS is actually a heavier wetter for his nap than at night. Any of the super-duper fitteds that we had worked fine, but I am mostly in love with flats right now so we are using MEOS plus either a prefold or padfolded flat (or two). My cover of choice is the Aristocrat - not the prettiest thing in the world, and not the softest either, but so darned bulletproof and has a wonderful fit over a bulky diaper.

The Under the Nile fitted is super absorbent, and I love how simple it looked. I also liked the Dreameze diapers, though beware that they run small.

ashley84 06-28-2011 11:00 AM

Megaroos overnight fitteds under Aristocrats wool longies - absolutely bulletproof!