Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   wwyd...after newborn stage? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1235458)

merryns.mom 06-28-2011 02:25 PM

wwyd...after newborn stage?

i'm getting my nb stash ready for twins this fall (mostly pf and covers), but what would be your choice for the after nb stash:

more pf's and covers (sized or os)?
aio's or pockets for ease?
os like flip, sunbabies, or similar ai2 or hybrid?

thanks; i'm trying to be prepared while i still have a little of my sanity.

kat1205 06-28-2011 02:26 PM

Re: wwyd...after newborn stage?

I'm no help, I love fitteds.

mariamommy 06-28-2011 02:42 PM

I kept using prefolds/covers. I got GMD reds once the yellows were outgrown. I just love them!

nahrie 06-28-2011 02:47 PM

I split my stash with prefolds and both sized and os covers and os pockets.

nonipie 06-28-2011 02:56 PM

I like natural fibers mostly so I would get (24) GMD workhorse and 12 BGE. For covers I would do 2 wool wraps (Imse Vimse), 2 interlock pieces and 2 fleece pieces per child with 2 Nikky covers each for nights. I would have 8 Flip organics for nights. Then I would be happy and never come to this site again. Kidding. No really though I would go as streamlined as possible if it were me to keep down confusion.

faiths13 06-28-2011 03:50 PM

honestly i would wait til they are born to decide what to get. all babies are different and different types of diapers work best for them. what works for one of your twins may not work for the other. one may be a heavy wetter or sensative to wetness. once they are born and your start diapering you will get a good feel of what you want and dont want, then you can buy something that will more likely work out. : )

tedcgh 06-28-2011 03:52 PM

I love my mix of GroVia Hybrids in velcro and Sunbaby diapers. The Gro Via have fit DS when he was still tiny to now with great big squishy thighs.

Kenner82 06-28-2011 03:58 PM

I recommend waiting to purchase your next diapers until your babies are here and you can actually try things on them to see what fits (just like swimsuit or jeans shopping for women, cloth diapering is NOT a one size fits all situation! Some diapers just don't fit certain babies properly, no matter what you do). Then do a cloth diaper trial program so you can see what works on them and what you like best - a lot of people are surprised by how much they like or dislike certain diapering systems, so it's cheapest to give them all a shot, return the ones you don't want to keep, and THEN go about building a stash that you know will work for you :) My baby is 4 months now and our stash is mostly prefolds and covers (both sized and the Thirsties Duo wraps) with some Fuzzibunz thrown in for when we're at home and it's hot. But the FB only recently started fitting him (at 4.5 months old) so my original plans to use those from birth went totally awry ;)

Evolution Diapers 06-28-2011 04:19 PM

We are going one size hybrid with our next baby that we are expecting this winter. I really love this system!

tonimk19 06-28-2011 04:21 PM

I like the ease of pockets or AIO- no taking certain types of diapers out of the house, for IL's, sitter, hubby, etc.

I also agree with waiting until they are here so you can test brands and see what works best.