Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   radian install HELP!!(with pics) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1236116)

mom2ally06 06-29-2011 03:29 PM

radian install HELP!!(with pics)

2 Attachment(s)
wow, that was the WORST install i've ever done..I tried to install it with the superlatch, and we couldnt tighten the belt at all, Im guessing thats bc its new.So we used the seat belt, and that is tight, but I am worried about the recline degree...is it too far back? also we had to use the tether connector to use the top tether, so we tied it around the thing under the drivers seat. the thing we tied it to is bolted to the car. is that okay>?
oh its a 07 toyota sienna
also i didnt have the straps tight she was simply modeling:giggle2:

epiclesis 06-29-2011 04:29 PM

Re: radian install HELP!!(with pics)

Did you try getting in the radian to dig it into the seat to get a more upright install?

Or at least a knee.... I prefer getting in it. :giggle2:

MichelleSG 06-29-2011 04:36 PM

The best and safest thing to do would be take it to one of your car seat installation places or the highway patrol version. ESPECIALLY if you had trouble doing it by yourself. You so don't want to figure out that you did it wrong the hard way. Your baby is worth the extra time and effort it'll take to have it professionally installed.

mom2ally06 06-29-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleSG (Post 13258446)
The best and safest thing to do would be take it to one of your car seat installation places or the highway patrol version. ESPECIALLY if you had trouble doing it by yourself. You so don't want to figure out that you did it wrong the hard way. Your baby is worth the extra time and effort it'll take to have it professionally installed.

that really wasnt what i asked..I know I can go get it installed professionally, I wanted to avoid that being as Im by myself with 3 kids. I am usually a car seat pro and thats why this threw me for a loop, which is why I asked for advice.

MichelleSG 06-29-2011 04:43 PM

I hear ya, I just wouldn't recommend that route since you're having so much trouble. I also don't know if they recommend how you've ended up using the tether connector and that incline, are those both recommended by Radian? If the answer is either no or I don't know then maybe taking 3 kids out is not such a bad idea. It's a very nice car seat, it'd be sad if improper installation rendered it unsafe.

*Peanut* 06-29-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2ally06 (Post 13258475)
that really wasnt what i asked..I know I can go get it installed professionally, I wanted to avoid that being as Im by myself with 3 kids. I am usually a car seat pro and thats why this threw me for a loop, which is why I asked for advice.

I guess its kind of a catch 22 ... you have to get the seat installed correctly first, so that your kids can be safe when you drive over there. No point in driving there with kids sitting in improperly installed seats. And if you have it installed safely, then there is no point in going to get it installed. :dunno:

I would also do the knee thing. You tube has videos about installation too. ;)

misskira 06-29-2011 04:51 PM

I'm having the same fun today. :goodvibes:

I can't tell... is the rf base installed?

nicolew8 06-29-2011 04:59 PM

As PP asked - do you have the rear-facing foot on there? You need to put that on. Than try pulling the Radian a couple inches away from where the seat back and seat bottom meet on your vehicle seat. Put a knee in the Radian near the front (directly above the RF foot) and press down REALLY hard with your knee while tightening the belt. Should help you get it more upright. You do need to try again - the seat looks over-reclined in your pics. HTH!:thumbsup:

ETA: Okay I see the foot now. Sorry about that. My other suggestion was good though. :)

CrazyBoysMamma 06-29-2011 05:30 PM

That looks awfully reclined to me. Did you try pulling the seat back from the bight (crack) a bit and putting all the weight you can on the part of the seat where baby's feet go? I hate to tell you this, but sometimes it's a two person job and sometimes it just plain doesn't work. There are videos out there I think on getting a more upright install, but I'm on my phone at the moment.

monkeysmom615 06-29-2011 05:43 PM

It is over-reclined. Definitely try pulling the boot from the bight of the seat and putting your pressure/weight on the foot area of the seat while tightening the belt. Should help get it more upright. :thumbsup:

As for the RF tether, I can't really tell what it's tethered to but as long as it's something that is bolted down you *should* be ok.