Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   favorite cover for laying a prefold inside?? poll!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1236346)

ross1622 06-29-2011 09:39 PM

favorite cover for laying a prefold inside?? poll!!

we are just getting into covers and prefolds(i lay the prefolds in the cover, not wrap them on my son). i'm loving them and so is DH! however i'm so confused about the BEST cover! so far i have tried flips and grovia, and out of the two i like grovia the best. i'm loving the look of the gussets on some of the other covers though.. so i'm polling you mama's to see what YOU like best! again i dont need to know which one has the best inserts because i use my own, so just rate the cover alone please :thumbsup: i have a pretty chunky son, who pees a lot so i need something that will not leak out the sides or top but will also give room for a big belly! :o) he also has a long rise so i'd like to know which one will fit the longest in the waist AND height! thanks so much! :goodvibes:

ktmelody 06-29-2011 09:45 PM

We like bumkins for tri folding. Super trim and no leaks. They dont get much hype but I have tried tons of covers and they are bulletproof. Love swaddlebees abc wraps too but i think they were discontinues. :(. We get better results with sized covers. Although wonderwraps are great OS covers.

Nightowl Jan 06-29-2011 09:49 PM

Re: favorite cover for laying a prefold inside?? poll!!

Although the grovias do not have leg gussets i like that with trifolding the pul is not exposed and sticking to my kid's skin. I use some grovia covers with pfs and I like ti way better than the inserts that go with them. The blueberry and the rumparooz are fine too but have a roomier fit and i feel like the insert can sag a little. I have never tried BB. I personally use Thirsties duo wraps for trifolding the most even though ya got the exposed pul. If it is way hot out I don't do that.

mfergy0625 06-29-2011 09:53 PM

Econobums and Fluffys are great for trifolding

hanhtam 06-29-2011 09:55 PM

Nikky, Niji and my new favorite Growing Baby Green

Bethan_77 06-29-2011 09:58 PM

Bummis super whisper wraps

LaurelBelle 06-29-2011 10:18 PM

Weehuggers snaps are my new fave! The bamboo lining is great for trifolding.

ClothNoob 08-06-2011 08:48 AM

we just use the rumparooz cover with a trifolded prefold on my toddler for night time diapering. so far so good. slightly bulky, but it keeps everything in (and he's a heavy wetter).

ReadingRenee 08-06-2011 08:54 AM

The elasticized top of the rumparooz might help with leaking out the top for you but the elastic is so tight in the legs and gussets, I don't know if it would be too tight for your son.

Its a trimmer cut than a blueberry OS though so trifolding a pf works well for us.

ollie_mama 08-06-2011 10:09 AM

I like flips or thirsties