Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What else do I need? Stash advice please... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12369)

octobersweetpea 06-07-2006 10:30 AM

What else do I need? Stash advice please...

Hello mamas!

I am new here... and new to CD'ing. I'm expecting my first baby in October, a boy. Well I decided I want to try cloth diapering, at least part time, so I've been working on building my stash. :)
This is what I have so far:

24 infant CPF
6 small Fuzzi Bunz
3 medium fitteds
10 Kissaluvs size 0
2 small BSWW
1 small Prorap

I'm looking for:
preemie prefolds (In case the infant CPF are big - Think a dozen would be enough?)
more covers (How many will I need to start off with and what brands do you all recommended? Mostly BSWW? Smalls good?)
a few snappis
liners for the FBs (What type of liners would be good for a newborn? Can I also use the prefolds as liners?)

Do I need anything else? Advice please! :)
Thanks!
Heather

MamaMel 06-07-2006 10:36 AM

Re: What else do I need? Stash advice please...

I never used liners but my DD was 3 weeks before I started CDing her. You could get some wool covers. born in october so maybe some NB longies. You need inserts for the FB (maybe thats what you meant when you said liners). I use CB and prefolds but I don't use pockets that much. You may want to get some small fitteds like one or two just to have in case you don't lilke PF. I love my PF though. But I can't think of anything else though! Sounds good. And congrats on you descion to CD!

blondeviolin 06-07-2006 10:36 AM

Don't expect your FB to fit right away. I'm waiting on Abby fitting into hers. For inserts for the FB (and other pockets we have) we like the MOE ones because they're easier to stuff. We may end up liking some cottonbabies, but they're still too fluffy on our week-old babe. The proraps should be good and so should the BSWW. It looks like you've got a good start...maybe get what you're ISO and then start working on your smalls stash. :thumbsup:

MamaMel 06-07-2006 10:38 AM

Ya I agree about the FB my 12 week old is still on the smallest settings on legs and waist (I'm begginging to think she will never grow out of them)!

octobersweetpea 06-07-2006 10:55 AM

Oops, yes I meant inserts for the FBs, not liners... Still learning terminology. :blush:

And I forgot, I've made two recycled wool longies, and can make more! That was fun.

Ok, great! Thanks for all the advice so far! Keep it comin'!

MammaGehl 06-07-2006 11:04 AM

I love stuffing my FBs with pre-folds, that works really well for us. They hold a lot an he stay pretty dry. My 9 week old has been wearing them for a month now (he is already 13 lbs though...) so you might be in them sooner, it just depends on the build of your kiddo. He can still wear his Kissaluvs0 but he soaks through them pretty quick, so I am switching to fbs more and more. I have some aios that I like to take when I am going out, but they don't last as long.

Sounds like you have a great jump on your stash. Make sure you get a wet bag (or two) and maybe some doublers for your Kissaluvs.

:thumbsup:

sherrydeanne 06-07-2006 11:14 AM

I had a few prowrap newborn covers--they were the only things that fit the first few weeks. I'd definately grab some preemie cpfs--they can also stuff your pockets :)

octobersweetpea 06-07-2006 11:14 AM

How many covers will I go through in one day if I use prefolds/fitteds?

Thanks so much ladies, you're a huge help!

:mrgreen:

MamaMel 06-07-2006 11:19 AM

I usually go through 2 or 3 I let one air dry between changes (unless it gets really we or soiled). Then new ones the next day