Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   18 months- toddler bed or twin size? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123705)

MamaZ 04-02-2007 09:23 AM

18 months- toddler bed or twin size?

I debating to put my DD in either a toddler bed or a twin size bed. :headscratch: We'll need her crib for the new baby in August so I thought this summer we would do the transition. Which do you suggest?

Tootsiemomma 04-02-2007 09:27 AM

Re: 18 months- toddler bed or twin size?

Not much help here, we co-sleep but it's getting to the point where she moves around so much that it's keeping all of us up. So I am going this weekend to get a Spongebob toddler bed and extra rails.

daizydoo 04-02-2007 09:32 AM

We have always gone from crib to twin. We put on the bed rails so there was no falling out. We also transitioned at 18 with our son so our daughter could use the crib. He did great, of course it took a few nights to get him to stay in bed but by about the 4th night he was a champ and knew to stay in bed. :goodvibes:

jls~Kain~Drake 04-02-2007 09:55 AM

We have a toddler bed and that's where he went first, but he's also slept in a twin mattress on the floor and a regular full sized bed on a frame (so up off the floor). In the beginning, I put a bunch of blankets/pillows on the floor to cushion a fall or push a mattress over on the floor.

MommyMommyMommy 04-02-2007 10:38 AM

I say twin - one less transition to make :thumbsup:

mgl 04-02-2007 10:43 AM

I would say a twin. With ds we did the toddler bed and then a twin, but with dd we will go straight to a twin. Less hassel for us since she will go in a twin eventually. We will either have the mattress on the floor or go with the rails.

Kylie&Logan'sMommy 04-02-2007 10:45 AM

We went from the crib, right to a full here, only reason was we had a full in the guest bedroom and didnt want to buy more furniture LOL She was 19 months then:)

milehighmonkeys 04-02-2007 11:35 AM

We went with a double bed. She has a lot further to go before falling out. She also has lots of room for her books.

SandyG 04-02-2007 11:39 AM

i would do twin too , one less thing to buy :giggle:

betty_joanne 04-02-2007 01:15 PM

DD is 18 months and still in her crib. I figure the next step will be just a crib mattress on the floor. Simple, and i don't have to worry about her falling very far.