Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How long can you hide a belly? *pics anyone*? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1237150)

MyKzooFamily 07-01-2011 10:39 AM

How long can you hide a belly? *pics anyone*?

Do you think it is possible to hide a belly until 20 weeks? If you have belly pics to share, I'd love to see them!

Reuben Christopher 07-01-2011 10:57 AM

Re: How long can you hide a belly? *pics anyone*?

With my first one at 20 weeks I had a tiny belly. I was still in my regular clothing just with a tiny rubber band on my jean button to make me more comfortable. With my 2 after that you could REALLY tell my 20 weeks. There was a girl I knew before I moved that was preggers and didn't know it though. She was overweight or anything but she just looked like she had put on a little weight and carried it in her belly. We started to wonder about a month-6weeks before she had the baby but before that not really. It really depends on how you carry your baby and if it is winder it's easier.

ThreadsThatBind 07-01-2011 11:16 AM

Yup, I could. Like pp said; it depends on how you carry. The kind of clothes you wear will also make a difference. Like if you usually wear really fitted shirts and suddenly start wearing loose ones. And the season too. It would be way easier to hide in cooler weather than during the summer.

crazylife 07-01-2011 11:17 AM

Well I didn't know I was pregnant which I think makes a huge difference mentally; I found out I was pregnant with twins at 20-21 weeks and didn't look it at all. I finally got to wear preggo clothes at about 25 weeks and then I just popped! With my second pregnancy I showed way sooner.

MyKzooFamily 07-01-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazylife (Post 13271161)
Well I didn't know I was pregnant which I think makes a huge difference mentally; I found out I was pregnant with twins at 20-21 weeks and didn't look it at all. I finally got to wear preggo clothes at about 25 weeks and then I just popped! With my second pregnancy I showed way sooner.

Yeah, I think the mental part can play into it, too. Even if you can hide it, if you 'act' pregnant, it can give it away. I'm hoping to have #2 be a total surprise until it's time for the ultrasound. It would be a summer-spring pregnancy, but I hopefully wouldn't start showing until the fall. I still have belly pudge, so hopefully that would help hide it. :giggle:

angel0123 07-01-2011 12:00 PM

Still hiding it and 17.5 wks. Getting harder though this is my 4th. It if was winter it would be much easier.

I plan to tell after my 19 wk us.

visioner 07-01-2011 12:09 PM

I am 27 weeks and still can hid it....if I wear tight clothes you can see a belly but in my work uniform no one knows

VeganCupcake 07-01-2011 12:12 PM

I didn't tell anyone until 26 or so weeks with my second. I definitely looked like I'd gained weight, but whatever.

With my first, I think we spilled the beans at 18 or so weeks.

Crow Mountain Crafts 07-01-2011 12:13 PM

I wish! I have started showing sooner and sooner with each baby. By 20 weeks I look like Im full blown 3rd trimester pregnant.

lyn1270 07-01-2011 12:27 PM

w/DS1 & DS3 I was still wearing regular clothes at 20weeks, and didn't start wearing maternity til about wk 23 or so. In fact, gulp, I didn't even know I was pg w/DS3 until 20 weeks O.o
Here's a pic of my 20 week baby belly w/DS3. oh, and i didn't take out the bellybutton ring til a couple days before delivery :D
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...100_3100-1.jpg