Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   When do I start? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124093)

hackermd 04-02-2007 07:42 PM

When do I start?

looking into enrolling my dd (just turned 5) into kindergarten? Is there a certain time frame to get her enrolled (public)?
Or what do I do to start the process for homeschooling proper? I mean we've been "homeschooling" but for kindergarten what do I need to do?
We're still in debate on which to do, since we may be stationed somewhere else in the next year :yuck:
TIA~

:)

alysia101 04-02-2007 07:52 PM

Re: When do I start?

Hi there fellow Yorker :giggle: I think around here they start enrolling kids in Kindergarten around this time for the following year. There's usually like Kind. orientation. Check the website for whatever district your're in and its prob listed.

Melissa~BHS 04-02-2007 08:27 PM

They call it Kindergarten Roundup here (we're in Kansas - go figure). Yeah, check the district website. They should be enrolling now for the fall.

hackermd 04-02-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alysia101 (Post 909638)
Hi there fellow Yorker :giggle: I think around here they start enrolling kids in Kindergarten around this time for the following year. There's usually like Kind. orientation. Check the website for whatever district your're in and its prob listed.

SO NOT A YORKER! lol I just liiiiiive here (I'm yankee born and raised) :goodvibes:

gee I never thought of doing that! lmao

tank you berry much~!

found the school district :)

BUt still want to know about homeschooling process??

MCR 04-02-2007 08:39 PM

Kindergarten round up is this month here.
You could just call the local elementary school and ask for the package. Here you fill out the paperwork and take it with you and your Little one to an appointment. They play with the kids one on one and try some sort of letter, number, color games and see what they know already.
Then during the summer you get a letter from your K teacher inviting you to a get together, so the kids can see the room and meet other kids and parents, they have tea and cookies, play in the K yard and have some fun before the school fills up with the big kids for the school year.
Kids who they think may fall behind get two weeks of summer school to prepare them for the school year.
Can you tell I used to help out at round up? :goodvibes:

hackermd 04-02-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR (Post 909909)
Kindergarten round up is this month here.
You could just call the local elementary school and ask for the package. Here you fill out the paperwork and take it with you and your Little one to an appointment. They play with the kids one on one and try some sort of letter, number, color games and see what they know already.
Then during the summer you get a letter from your K teacher inviting you to a get together, so the kids can see the room and meet other kids and parents, they have tea and cookies, play in the K yard and have some fun before the school fills up with the big kids for the school year.
Kids who they think may fall behind get two weeks of summer school to prepare them for the school year.
Can you tell I used to help out at round up? :goodvibes:

that sounds awesome! thank you for the info:goodvibes:

HOLY CRAP, I just saw that enrollement is April 2-4 by registration onlyl!

AHHHHHH!!

CarrieMF 04-02-2007 11:17 PM

I enrolled my dd back in Feb. I was at the school picking my other 2 up and was early so I figured I'd get it over with.lol I'll be getting a letter soon and my dd will spend 1/2day in K, it'll be in May. I'll get another one soon to to have her speech tested.

It's been in the paper & school newsletters for a month now about K registration.

FitMommyOf2 04-03-2007 06:06 AM

Thanks for posting that! I'd prolly have totally forgotten about it and by Sept. our 5 y.o. wouldn't have been able to go!:blush:

lilianasmommy 04-03-2007 06:34 AM

http://www.pahomeschoolers.com/

hackermd 04-03-2007 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FitMommyOf2 (Post 910747)
Thanks for posting that! I'd prolly have totally forgotten about it and by Sept. our 5 y.o. wouldn't have been able to go!:blush:

:blush:

someone told me tonight that kids aren't required to go to k? that they can start in 1st grade if they are up to level...?
anyone heard of this?