Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Scared to Trifold (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1241120)

uofmrocky 07-09-2011 06:47 AM

Scared to Trifold

Out newborn is finally getting to the point where the orange edged prefolds are too small. However i've heard that trifolding them will make them last much longer. I'm scared though to try trifolding because it seems as though it would leak like crazy??? Am I wrong?

magoose 07-09-2011 07:52 AM

Re: Scared to Trifold

I trifold my prefolds all the time with DS (he's two). He still has nasty poops that go everywhere, but they never leak outside the diaper cover. He's a heavy wetter now too and we've never had a leak with our prefolds and covers. I love trifolding them. We're still using his infant prefolds and he's two and 25lbs.

2+2macht4 07-09-2011 07:54 AM

I never had leaks trifolding.

Poop does escape, but newborn ebf poop always escaped prefold snappid or not for me.

But never the cover.

FancyCloth 07-09-2011 08:00 AM

I loved trifolding!!! If you have a well fitting cover it will work fine, It's ALL I used for my newest born in Jan. They are also great in pockets ;)

cdwelton 07-09-2011 08:06 AM

Trifolding works for newbies! I couldn't figure out the whole snappi fold thing.. the poop might get on the cover but won't escape. :) HTH

NewCDerInCO 07-09-2011 08:12 AM

Worked for me too! Nothing ever escaped the cover :D

Housefullofgirls 07-09-2011 08:23 AM

I've trifolded from 5 weeks to now at 13 weeks and we are in the yellow edge and NEVER had a leak :goodvibes: Love my trifold! I also should include I have a super soaker too. For nap 2 days ago when she woke up the entire prefold from top to bottom was completely saturated and her clothes and everything else was completely dry. Amazing GMD are! Never had any poo leaks either and she still has explosive EBF poo.

jacksmimi 07-09-2011 08:25 AM

I still use my orange edges to trifold and stuff pockets, line my AI2 GroVia's, and lay on the changing pad to prevent messes. We use Flip, Thirsties, Sweet Pea & Econobum covers, and never have had leaks! Love trifolding, great absorption :)

happymama1 07-09-2011 08:27 AM

trifolding is AWESOME....I ONLY trifold.....sure, the covers get stained sometimes, but usually they wash out....it is a time-saver, and it allows more absorbancy in the wetzone...plus it makes for a faster diaper change since you don't have to fasten it with pins or a snappi :)

nonipie 07-09-2011 08:37 AM

NAK

It will get on the cover but not likely on clothes if you have good covers. That said I just really don't like trifolding because it's bulky and I don't like getting it on the cover.Have you tried pinnin? I am able to get a good fit with pins even after I could no longer snappi them.