Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Electrolux vs Bosch washing machine for diapers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1241162)

7arrows4God 07-09-2011 08:56 AM

Electrolux vs Bosch washing machine for diapers

So does anyone here own an electrolux, how do they compare to th Bosch. Do you think one is better than another.

I have another thread I stated yesterday about what to get as my miele is done and I need a high end machine for the amount of laundry we do and lots of heavy soil and sanitize loads, so it needs to take abuse.

Anyone every have and electrolux.

Or can compare it to Bosche or still tell me about Bosch.

Thanks so kindly, we need to make the right decision and hopefully soon.

rkw 07-09-2011 11:05 AM

Re: Electrolux vs Bosch washing machine for diapers

I don't have any experience with either of those washers. We have a maytag 3000 fl and got it at lowes mainly because it has a sanitize wash for diapers. We got it over a year ago and love it. I wash the diapers on quick wash warm with no detergent, sanitize/whites/ or heavy duty with detergent and extra rinse, and sometimes an extra rinse if I use bleach.

noahs naturally 07-09-2011 12:23 PM

I have an Electrolux set. We chose it because of the large capacity (I can easily wash and dry a queen comforter and pillows), the sanitize with steam cycle is great, and the inside of both of the drums is metal (so no dark blue dye transfer when drying jeans). Even the mesh on the lint catcher is finer than any of the other machines we looked at when shopping around, so I'm happy with the quality.

Diaper laundry-wise, I do feel like I need to use the 2-hr sanitize cycle every time in order to get the dipes clean (and free of barnyard/ammonia smells), which is probably hard on diapers. Nevertheless, I do include my PUL and wet bags and they're surviving so far!

I have no experience with Bosch.

7arrows4God 07-09-2011 12:54 PM

Re: Electrolux vs Bosch washing machine for diapers

Quote:

Originally Posted by noahs naturally (Post 13321438)
I have an Electrolux set. We chose it because of the large capacity (I can easily wash and dry a queen comforter and pillows), the sanitize with steam cycle is great, and the inside of both of the drums is metal (so no dark blue dye transfer when drying jeans). Even the mesh on the lint catcher is finer than any of the other machines we looked at when shopping around, so I'm happy with the quality.

Diaper laundry-wise, I do feel like I need to use the 2-hr sanitize cycle every time in order to get the dipes clean (and free of barnyard/ammonia smells), which is probably hard on diapers. Nevertheless, I do include my PUL and wet bags and they're surviving so far!

I have no experience with Bosch.

Sanitize will not hurt your diapers. I have been sanitizing with my miele all the time. (For 6 years or more now) :O)

Which set is it? HOw long have you had it? What are the best features?

What is the steam part all about? Just trying to understand that part.

Does the dryer spin both ways?