Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Laundry Detergent (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1241189)

MrsA08 07-09-2011 11:22 AM

Laundry Detergent

I love my cloth diapers and the fact that I cloth diaper, but I am getting increasingly frustrated with finding the right detergent. I started with RnG and loved it because my diapers came out sparkling and I never had any stink issues. My daughter had a rash that would just never go away and after trying everything else, including other types of RnG, I decided I had to change detergents. Next up was Charlies. Dipes still came clean and no stink issues, but my daughter developed chemical burns so I immediately stopped using it and stripped all my diapers. After consulting with Cotton Babies I have moved on to Mountain Green Baby. I have only been using it a week, but I have noticed that even though the diapers come out smelling clean, after my daughter urinates the diapers reek like ammonia! Both MF and Hemp inserts. I am at a loss. Has anyone tried the Thirsties wash? It seems really expensive and we are cloth diapering mostly to save money. I just don't know what to do.
:banghead:

rkw 07-09-2011 11:27 AM

Re: Laundry Detergent

I am sorry you are frustrated. There is a thread on laundry detergent for diapers. I don't have any experience with any that you have used. I started out with Allen's liquid and it worked great till we got stink issues. I have hard water and found I was not using enough detergent. On spring break I forgot my allens and just used all free and clear and liked it. This is what I normally use for clothes. I have been using all free and clear and not had any problems. My stash is recieving blankets as flats, econobum prefolds and covers, bge, and bgos 3.0 with mf and hemp inserts. Good luck finding a detergent that works. Hopefully this one will work for you.

MrsA08 07-09-2011 11:29 AM

Didn't know about the laundry detergent thread, thanks!

threestraycats 07-09-2011 11:37 AM

Tide Original Powder:wub:

(non-Ultra)

KumfyKozies 07-09-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threestraycats (Post 13320855)
Tide Original Powder:wub:

(non-Ultra)

:exactly: :exactly: :exactly: :exactly: :exactly: :exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

canadianbakers 07-09-2011 11:43 AM

:dunno: I've always just used whatever I use on our clothes - either Tide or Purex, once in a while Sunlight (if it's cheapest when I need detergent). Always the fragrance/dye free stuff, scents flare up my asthma.

lotsofsweetkids 07-09-2011 11:48 AM

I use laundry tarts.

KimA 07-09-2011 12:11 PM

So sorry mama. :( I haven't used the Thirsties but I have used Tiny Bubbles with great success.

gescmommy 07-09-2011 12:15 PM

We use Allens and love it. Our stash is mainly pockets with microfiber and hemp inserts.

framus 07-09-2011 12:25 PM

Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those "natural or diaper friendly" detergents are worthless, IMO