Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Help choosing a more breathable, gentle cover (not wool or fleece) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1241476)

eedw9 07-09-2011 08:23 PM

Help choosing a more breathable, gentle cover (not wool or fleece)

We love coverless and wool for home, but I'm trying to find a cover for going out that is more breathable and gentle than PUL. I love the fit of Flips, but my DS always ends up with bad red marks (he has my very sensitive skin). I do use wool sometimes when out, but I have two issues... bulk and a boy with forceful pee (and all up front). We do part-time EC and change as soon as possible if he wets, but if we're in a car, etc. it can be longer.

I'd like something that I can use with flats. I've been looking at the Nikky covers and it looks like people like the rainbow edge a lot, but I was also considering the all cotton and the breathable poly. Does anyone have suggestions as to what would be best? I've read through threads here and the sites where they are sold and I'm still confused :giggle:

I was also considering the Imse Vimse organic cotton, but it looks like those have PUL gussets and hidden PUL so they probably wouldn't work, right?

Thanks! :)

*PinkAngel* 07-09-2011 08:35 PM

Re: Help choosing a more breathable, gentle cover (not wool or fleece)

what about a MEAF cover?

MyPerfectLife 07-09-2011 08:42 PM

GreenLine covers aren't PUL, they are much more breathable and sooo trim. I also love that they are one size, so a good investment. Tons of cute prints, too! I LOVE mine more than any other covers I have! :wub:

luvnmyboys 07-09-2011 10:28 PM

we love rainbow nikky's. we've only tried breathable poly and the rainbow but prefer the rainbows.

eedw9 07-10-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyPerfectLife (Post 13324039)
GreenLine covers aren't PUL, they are much more breathable and sooo trim. I also love that they are one size, so a good investment. Tons of cute prints, too! I LOVE mine more than any other covers I have! :wub:

Thanks - just found some on FSOT to try :)

eedw9 07-10-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvnmyboys (Post 13324560)
we love rainbow nikky's. we've only tried breathable poly and the rainbow but prefer the rainbows.

Thanks. I think I'll try the rainbow...

Anyone have thoughts on the all cotton Nikky?

tmrobinson 07-10-2011 11:59 AM

I really like Imse Vimse covers, they are nice and soft.

nahrie 07-10-2011 12:22 PM

The cotton Nikky's ROCK. You should definitely try them. I use them and my Nikky breathable poly's whenever we have a rash or it's too hot.

Micheliala 07-10-2011 01:27 PM

the rainbow nikky is not breathable like the cotton or breathable poly. my son will definitely get too hot in the rainbows and sometimes in the polys and never in the cottons. he has eczema and very sensitive to heat, I probably way over analyze the heat factor :giggle: Oh and even though I adore imse vimse covers and they are super soft and gentle, they are not breathable either and likely a hot choice in the summer. i have found the motherease airflows to be fairly cool if your baby is on the larger end of the size range so that the snaps are most or all of the way out on the legs. not as breathable as the cotton nikky but close :goodvibes: