Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Cloth Diaper Store In The Seattle/EastsideArea (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1241706)

eileenchew 07-10-2011 12:12 PM

Cloth Diaper Store In The Seattle/EastsideArea

So...I don't know of any CD store in the Seattle/Eastside area, except for Punkernoodle, but its by appointment only. Please let me know if I am mistaken! Anyways, I am thinking about opening one up in this area since I really like to be able to touch and feel before buying!! I think the online sites are great, but I am always hesitant to buy something that I haven't actually seen/touched/felt...maybe it's me!;) I was wondering how/what my fellow seattle/eastside dwellers feel/think about this? Do you think I would get a good response? What area would you suggest as a good location for a store?;)

Thanks for reading and sorry about the lengthy post!;)

kkmoto 07-11-2011 05:49 PM

Re: Cloth Diaper Store In The Seattle/EastsideArea

We have a few stores that sell cloth diapers in Seattle.

eileenchew 07-11-2011 06:35 PM

Primarily cloth diapers? Or a mix with other kid/baby stuff?

m&m&m 07-27-2011 02:05 PM

I know that there is Mothering Grace, Sarah, the owner is awesome!

Lil' Redhead 09-19-2011 12:31 AM

I think University Maternity has some CD stuff too...

Tweedledum 09-21-2011 04:58 PM

Birth and Beyond in Seattle, and Cozy Baby Boutique in Kirkland both sell CDs.

applebutter 09-26-2011 06:22 PM

And Cozy Baby is inside Tot Spot, which is convenient.

ZsMummy 09-27-2011 03:49 PM

I'd love a place in the south end. Maybe have a kids consignment attached to it? & sponsored swaps..? Hehe my wish list now.

2L2R2luv 03-21-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZsMummy (Post 13834440)
Maybe have a kids consignment attached to it? & sponsored swaps..? Hehe my wish list now.

I think you have a great idea of opening a store with a wide variety of CD brands available, I found that there were only a few brands at the stores I was able to get to. The PP idea of a consignment store attached where mamas can sell their used diapers is a brilliant idea! I think the Eastside, anywhere from Bellevue to Kirkland is easy for most to get to and would be very popular.

mhunta 03-22-2012 04:46 AM

I would definitely come to a store on the eastside that did both new and consignment. (LOVE the consignment idea). Not sure if I'd drive to Seattle, but I'm sure there are way more CD mamas in Seattle than the eastside so that may be better for business...trying to think of a kid friendly area of Seattle...I know North Seattle has a lot of young families. When we lived in Maple Leaf they were everywhere!