Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   questions about lots of baby stuff lol (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1242)

Trishalynn 04-25-2006 03:32 PM

questions about lots of baby stuff lol

I'm hitting 36 weeks tomorrow and have a few questions for those experienced ones out there lol. I'm measuring about 3 weeks ahead, now do a lot of people measure ahead in pregnancy? (this is my third) My Ob has me going for a fetal assesment tomorrow night to check the size of the baby. I'm almost wishing to have this baby this week, lol, but thats just cause I"m so uncomfy, I'd rather wait till baby's ready! Also I feel that baby's movements have decreased a lot, I can still feel him/her moving, but not nearly as much as it did even a few days ago? Right now my feeling is as long as I can feel him/her moving some that I'll just wait till my fetal assesment tomorrow and see what they say there or should I go to the hospital? I"m also wondering if this is the time in the pregnancy when baby starts to slow down in movements anyway and thats just what happened? I'm just terrified that they're going to find something wrong at the fetal assesment tomorrow. Its rediculous, cause I've done a bunch of tests and see my OB regularily and everything is checking out normal outside of the measuring big. (I lost a child at 34 pg. due to Trisomy 18, so the last few weeks of pregnancy freak me out big time and I just have this obsessive need to go into labour, lol who doesn't though at this time? But it just makes me feel better when I can see the baby and know that he/she is ok!) Thanks!!
Trisha

Lucky Child 04-25-2006 03:35 PM

Re: questions about lots of baby stuff lol

Hi.
As long as baby is moving I'd say you are okay...if movement gets super duper slow...I can't remember but less than 8 or 10 in an hour (that's any type of movement) then call your ob...
Now if your mind is not at ease...just call immediately.
At my 35 week appt, they told me I was measuring big too. He was born at 37 weeks weighing only 6 lb 4 oz...so take what they say with a grain of salt really and just wait for the fetal assesment :)
GL and hugs.

Samantha 04-25-2006 03:42 PM

Dont worry about the size thing. I am measuring big also (3rd pregnancy too) at 15wks I was measuring 20wks. Once your body has been through pregnancy a couple times the muscle tone is a lot less so there is nothing holding it together so to speak :p

Movement also slows in the last few weeks becuase tehre isnt anywhere for the baby to go. The kciks just wont be as intense.

Bare Bottom Gear 04-25-2006 03:44 PM

Less movement at this stage is totally normal. And so is gaining weight at the end. I think I remember hearing that preg women gain up to 5 lbs a week the last 4 weeks or so of the pregnancy. And, like Samantha said, the more pregnancies the looser your tummy is. My friend was way bigger with her 3rd then with her 1st and 2nd. They actually thought she was pregnant with twins or triplets! She was measuring 20 wks at like 10 or 12 weeks!

I measured big too. I gained 50 lbs and had a 6 lb 13 oz dd at 39 weeks. Just remember that at the end of your pregnancy there isn't a lot of room for the baby so that is why they move less. They have "grown into" your belly finally! Before, there was more room so they could have a good 'ole time!

I know you have justifiable reasons for being scared so I won't say "don't be". It's in our nature to be worriers for a reason. I would say what rrandle said, if your feeling really scared or concerned call and go see your OB.

The last few weeks are very emotional for all pregnant women so feel comforted knowing that you have plenty of other pregnant mamas on here to talk to. Just keep posting here and talking to your OB and dh or significant other. We will all be there for you!

(((HUGS)))

raversangel 04-25-2006 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAHMTo2
Less movement at this stage is totally normal. And so is gaining weight at the end. I think I remember hearing that preg women gain up to 5 lbs a week the last 4 weeks or so of the pregnancy. And, like Samantha said, the more pregnancies the looser your tummy is. My friend was way bigger with her 3rd then with her 1st and 2nd. They actually thought she was pregnant with twins or triplets! She was measuring 20 wks at like 10 or 12 weeks!

I measured big too. I gained 50 lbs and had a 6 lb 13 oz dd at 39 weeks. Just remember that at the end of your pregnancy there isn't a lot of room for the baby so that is why they move less. They have "grown into" your belly finally! Before, there was more room so they could have a good 'ole time!

I know you have justifiable reasons for being scared so I won't say "don't be". It's in our nature to be worriers for a reason. I would say what rrandle said, if your feeling really scared or concerned call and go see your OB.

The last few weeks are very emotional for all pregnant women so feel comforted knowing that you have plenty of other pregnant mamas on here to talk to. Just keep posting here and talking to your OB and dh or significant other. We will all be there for you!

(((HUGS)))

exactly what i was going to say mama! i measured with my last 42wks when i was only 34 and they did an assesment and said i was going to have a 9.5 lb baby, he came out 8.2 :D so don't worry about being too big :D

Trishalynn 04-25-2006 07:06 PM

Thanks ladies! Since I've posted that I've spoken to a ton of people who measured big during their pregnancies! most of them well over 3 weeks bigger! and now that I've read up on it, I've also found that its normal to measure at least 1-3 weeks bigger without concern! Not sure why my OB thinks its a big deal? But I've found you guys plenty reassuring! baby is also moving more tonight, guess he/she decided to take the morning/afternoon off lol. But is doing fine now! thanks!!

jedibunni 04-25-2006 07:14 PM

hugs to you!!! I agree with pretty much what the other mamas said....... I measured 3 weeks ahead with my last pregnancy.....had her a week early and she was only 7lbs 11oz....

You're almost there!!!!! Yay!!!

rds989 04-25-2006 08:15 PM

I bet your ob is just being super cautious b/c of your history. And I agree w/pp about the movements - babies just get slower at the end because they're so squished.

SO sorry to hear about the loss of your precious baby at 34 weeks. I can't imagine the courage it has taken you to go through another pregnancy. I say, even if you only have a freakin' hang nail - if it worries you and you'd feel better calling the doc or going to the er, go right ahead, Momma!! ;)

Fullhouse 04-26-2006 12:03 PM

I measured big with all 4, but they were HUGE. Good health though