Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ever had a bad batch of EcoSprout? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1242677)

dauphin 07-11-2011 11:07 PM

Ever had a bad batch of EcoSprout?

I just started my second bag of EcoSprout and while the first one worked fine, this second one doesn't seem to be doing anything (still have soiled/urine smell). Anyone with a similar experience??

romansmommy 07-12-2011 07:05 AM

I'm on my 1st bag and having no luck :(. I soaked all my diapers overnight in Ecosprout as the instructions suggest to remove build-up and wash every other day and having horrible ammonia issues. I read a lot of great reviews and was convinced it would work great so I'm really disappointed that I spent so much on 2 bags for it not to work. I've even increased the amount I'm using. I think I'm going to take the Tide plunge soon!!

Tinydancer07 07-12-2011 07:10 AM

Re: Ever had a bad batch of EcoSprout?

Oh no!! I just bought 94oz of this after reading so many great reviews. I guess I should have got a smaller bag :/

Bethan_77 07-12-2011 08:25 AM

Contact him on Facebook , he will troubleshoot with you.

Crow Mountain Crafts 07-12-2011 08:51 AM

I just got my first bag a few weeks ago and have been terribly disappointed in it. It is the only detergent that does absolutely nothing for my diapers. They still smell just like they did when they went in the wash. I tried everything - using less, using more, extra rinses, hot wash, cold wash... still nothing.

ETA: Is the detergent super clumpy for anyone else? When I got my bag over half of it was just clumped up balls. I have never seen this with my other detergent.

yellowdaisy 07-12-2011 09:33 AM

Gah why couldn't this thread have started before I ordered some instead of just after! :banghead:

dauphin 07-12-2011 11:45 AM

I should have added in the op that this happened with a load of regular clothes with just a couple diaper items in it. A couple of times. We're on a cd break for the most part ATM. The last bag really seemed to work fine.

dauphin 07-15-2011 10:12 AM

Also, it seems to be clumping up in the bag much more than the last one, and doesn't seem to dissolve properly in the dispenser tray...

umajo 07-15-2011 12:16 PM

I've only tried half a bag and it seemed to be ok. Just liked tide better, so I gave the rest of the bag to my SIL. It got the stinkies out of her dipes (hard well water, FLer). I agree, contact the company and see if they have suggestions. My bag did have some lumps, but nothing too bad.

EyeDocMommy 07-15-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romansmommy (Post 13338443)
I'm on my 1st bag and having no luck :(. I soaked all my diapers overnight in Ecosprout as the instructions suggest to remove build-up and wash every other day and having horrible ammonia issues. I read a lot of great reviews and was convinced it would work great so I'm really disappointed that I spent so much on 2 bags for it not to work. I've even increased the amount I'm using. I think I'm going to take the Tide plunge soon!!

Email Jared about it. Maybe you need to do more than one deep overnight soak to get rid of what you were previously using.