Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   UPDATED! How far along were you when you felt baby kick for the first time? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124276)

munchkinflame13 04-03-2007 07:58 AM

UPDATED! How far along were you when you felt baby kick for the first time?

I will be 16 weeks Friday and still haven't felt the baby kick from the outside. . . I am sure I felt DD kick from the outside before 16 weeks. I have felt some fluttery movement, but not very often and nothing I could feel with my hand from the outside. Should I be concerned?

One day shy of 21 weeks, I felt the baby kick several times distinctly. It is unmistakably the baby kicking and DH felt it, too. I should have updated earler, but the placenta is between the baby and my abdomen and that is why I wasn't feeling her kick. Just thought I would share with you ladies. Thanks again.

ZooCrew10 04-03-2007 08:39 AM

Re: How far along were you when you felt baby kick for the first time?

My first baby I was about 4 1/2 months, second baby about the same, third about 3 months, the last three (I'm pg with my sixth) I can feel them fluttering really early now.....they feel like little butterlfies!

Mommy2Cadence 04-03-2007 08:46 AM

With dd I felt flutteries at 16 weeks, within a couple of days they were very distinct especially while laying down.

kannondicarpo 04-03-2007 08:47 AM

I did not feel movement from the outside until about 20 weeks, and I did not recognize movement on the inside until 18 weeks, though I am sure they were moving around in there before I realized what I was feeling. I am sure you will feel it very soon.

cwieberdink 04-03-2007 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munchkinflame13 (Post 910895)
Should I be concerned?

Nope. It's fine, mama. If your baby is facing your back, or your placenta is in front, or your uterus is slightly tipped back, you won't feel kicks in the front as much or as soon. Plus every baby is different! I've had babies I felt distinctly by 13 weeks and hubby felt by 16 weeks, and my newborn, we didn't feel well until 23 or 24 weeks from the outside, and even then, she barely ever moved, just little presses and rolls, hardly any big kicks EVER.

Mickiswing 04-03-2007 12:58 PM

My first was around 16 weeks, my second, I could swear it was 12 weeks, but my third wasn't until about 24 weeks. The placenta was on the front wall, so it padded everything so much I couldn't feel it.

jlkhorn 04-03-2007 01:09 PM

With both pgs I felt inside movement around 15/16 weeks and outside about 20 weeks.

LuAnn 04-03-2007 01:15 PM

I'm 16 weeks today and havent felt anything yet...but with ds I was feeling him around 15.

ETA: that was on the inside, ds it was about 20 when others could feel him

1happymama 04-03-2007 01:33 PM

Don't worry, mama. It's different from person to person and pg to pg. I think the pregnancy books and online sites say that "sometime around 20 weeks you should begin to feel your baby move". So I don't think there's really any magic number.

I've felt fluttering with all of them early on (11-14 weeks) but the actual kicks didn't come until later...17 weeks with DD, 15 weeks with DS, and about 16 weeks with this little one. DH actually could feel this 3rd one when I could...he couldn't for a couple of weeks after I could with the others.

raelynn 04-03-2007 01:34 PM

With my DD, I was 20 weeks before I felt it on the inside and 24 or so weeks before I felt it on the outside. With DS I felt the first flutters around 14-15 weeks but we couldn't feel him on the outside until 20 weeks or so. :)