Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Struggles & Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   11 months postpartum & still no sex drive.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1242975)

68Yenko 07-12-2011 01:50 PM

11 months postpartum & still no sex drive..

Hey ladies. The title basically says it all. My son will be 1 on August 4th and I still have no sex drive...NONE!!! I don't want sex, can't stand the thought of it, and even though my hubby is very good and very giving in the bedroom, I have a really hard time achieving the big O.
I feel fat and saggy...and am also a stay at home mom, with all the frustrations that go along with it...so I've been patient with myself and so has my husband. But I'm SO ready to have my sex drive back.
Any advice or anyone in the same boat??

bookworm 07-12-2011 01:52 PM

Re: 11 months postpartum & still no sex drive..

Hugs, Mama.

Are you breastfeeding?

68Yenko 07-12-2011 01:57 PM

Thanks :) I was until about 4 weeks ago...I expected the sex drive to increase when I was done bfing, but so far it hasn't...and the bfing boobs are gone and my flo has returned, so I thought the hormones would come alone too...

jjc3434 07-22-2011 08:43 PM

are you still breastfeeding? I was like this. I almost needed to get my period back and be ovluating to have any sex drive.

nrsnit 07-28-2011 07:49 PM

Have you talked to your dr about this? It might not be the most comfie thing to talk about but after all, they have heard it all and seen it all. I would think your dr should be in your corner along with your husband.

Chessie 07-29-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjc3434 (Post 13412613)
are you still breastfeeding? I was like this. I almost needed to get my period back and be ovluating to have any sex drive.

me too!

It can also be exhaustion or irritation with your partner when he doesn't pick up the slack. Maybe you need some date nights to feel intimate. Try getting a sexy dress and a new haircut. I know I struggle with it and I sometimes have to have a little wine to relax enough.

iggyloo 07-29-2011 09:19 PM

My sex drive has ALOT to do with my hormones. I had NO sex drive after I had my ODD and for a long while after I stopped BF'ing. This time around, I'm breastfeeding again, but I feel like my YDD has helped regulate my hormones and bring my sex drive back to "normal". Now I just need a partner....lol.

Have you talked to your MW/OB?

darcysoto 08-27-2011 10:26 PM

Sorry, mama! It could take longer than 4 weeks for your hormones to return to normal. But it's definitely worth a call to your OB/MW to have a chat about it - there may be something they can do.

You also need some space, time, relaxation - even a little will help - and maybe some sexy movies or tv? Maybe TMI, but you don't have to go to full on ****, you can just watch like a sexy HBO show or something to help you start to think about sex again. It took me a LONG time...15 months...to start feeling like it would be an ok thing to think about. Now, while it's not the same as before DD (time, stress, exhaustion, etc), we have a normal sex life, and it has improved our relationship significantly.

Good luck!!!

wordmama 08-28-2011 06:04 AM

I found some new lingerie (that covered my now-jiggly bits), some maca, and some time are what helped me. I found the transition between being a mum and then being a lover could be difficult. Doing something like having a bath helped me to reset my mindspace for romance.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

aylasmommy 08-28-2011 06:43 AM

I wasn't into it until a couple months ago and Ayla is 20 months.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum